Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

90 Degree mount blast shield

JFlowers

I think it will depend of the specific comp and how far back the lens is from it. In my case a blast shield would be nice since the lens still gets hit, not bad, but still gets it. The distance from the C-more lens ring is 2.25" to the rearmost comp port.

Does the 90 degree mount drop the C-more down far enough that its below the blast zone? i.e. blast shields not needed?

Bill

I ran one of JT's (Quinn) mounts when they first came out and it does drop the scope way down, but it still got gunk on both the front (from the comp) and back (from the ejection port). It wasn't terrible, but I did have to wipe the lens every stage or so depending on how many shots it was. R,

Could someone possibly make one of something clear like plexyglass or something? that be cool since you could still see through itif it is in the way.

Well, I guess you could make one from glass, but then you have an issue with another piece of glass and refraction. All you would do in such a case is move the lens you wipe forward. I don't see any guns taking blast damage, so the need really isn't there imo. I just wipe mine as needed and don't worry about it.

JT