Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bushmaster ACR for 3 Gun

J-Rob

For the price of one, you could build an AR that outperforms it or, build an AR that matches it's performance with $2000 worth of ammunition, magazines, and optics.

Having fired one - it was nice but not nice enough to justify that much more money than an AR-15 (or four):

Firing the ACR

Edited by DyNo!

The price is a big turnoff but so far I like it. I work as a sales rep for an LE firearms dealer. I've got a demo that I can shoot and have been quite impressed. Its just a standard model but I actually prefer it over the enhanced. The stock is the perfect length and the handguard is longer on the standard model than the enhanced. The piston operation is one of the smoothest I have shot. I think with a good comp like a Titan and good trigger it would make a fine 3 gun rifle if someone wanted to foot the bill for it.

I actually use a ACR at one of the local 3gun Matches here where I live, Nothing to far, (Furthest target is less then 100 yards) And most rifle is shots are off-hand, So My ACR with a CompM4 Works great over my JP/Trijicon combo. The Weight of the ACR is nice for 3gun as its more barrel side weight, so less recoil climb, but doesn't beat out a good Muzzle break. I've been meaning to install Surefire MK556 Brake on mine for sometime, but I've been busy (lazy) to do so.

BTW your not gonna get a 2-stage drop in trigger into ACR due to the "trigger Box", but a nice single stage trigger will work just fine.

wetACR.jpg

Edited by DocMedic

we shot one at the FB3G last year on one stage and only for a second

The guy standing around in his shorts that was loading mags for the stage (we had to use their ammo in the issued rifle) (while we were all freezing in jackets and long pants) told my squad that the ACR would not run on Mag Pul magazines, which was why we were using GI mags

He said the remington reps that were hanging around were not impressed that their rifle would not work with their own mags

Also while piston guns are very cool they have not gained traction with the military

The FN SCAR is being retro replaced with M4s within the units that tested and fielded the SCAR, due to a variety of considerations.

If you want one because they are cool (and they are cool) you should get one, but you could spend $900-1600 on an AR and really have a shooter

plus you can get AR parts anywhere

I actually use a ACR at one of the local 3gun Matches here where I live, Nothing to far, (Furthest target is less then 100 yards) And most rifle is shots are off-hand, So My ACR with a CompM4 Works great over my JP/Trijicon combo. The Weight of the ACR is nice for 3gun as its more barrel side weight, so less recoil climb, but doesn't beat out a good Muzzle break. I've been meaning to install Surefire MK556 Brake on mine for sometime, but I've been busy (lazy) to do so.

BTW your not gonna get a 2-stage drop in trigger into ACR due to the "trigger Box", but a nice single stage trigger will work just fine.

wetACR.jpg

Thanks for the post and videos. Yeah, definitely looks like it could use a Titan or some other comp