Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

308 TA11 Calibration Velocity

nadurra

Just called Trijicon today and spoke with one of their Law Enforcement guys and they said that their TA11H-308 was calibrated to 175gr Bullet @ 2810fps from a 22" barrel. That is smoking out of 308. I can't find any load data that approaches that within 100fps even with 26" barrel. Does any of this seem odd?

Yes, it does. I didn't think 150 fps would make that much difference- but it's 11" at 600 w/ a 200 yard zero. I guess it all depends on what you are going to use it for.

At 400, it's only about 3" difference- close enough for 3 gun.

It just seems like an oddity to calibrate to such a high velocity. I was intending to use it for 3 gun and mostly getting out there past 500yds but I don't know of a 308 load the goes that fast out of such a short barrel.

Here is my reply from them on the TA11C, "TA11C used 168 gr at 2925fps. Donut to 400m is 2.9 and 400m to 500m is 4.0"

However I figured they had a fat finger and meant to hit the 6 instead of the 9 on the keyboard number pad. The subtensions were correct for the 2625 velocity. Although I went with a 150gr bullet instead of the 168 they mention.

my 150's at 2625 are dead on with the info provided.

Trapr