Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Restrictions on modifications for .22 divisions?

ThreeHeadedDog

I was introduced to steel challange a couple of weeks ago. I loved it and would like to build some steel guns. Because I already own some .22's I hardly ever shoot it seemed only natural to use them as the projects.

I have a Dan Wesson .22 revolver that has a 8in barrel. Unfortunately this thing weighs 55oz. For those who do not know a Dan Wesson has a tiny thin barrel with a heavy sleave. I would like to take the sleave to a machinest and have it lightned as much as I can. Is this legal?

I also have a norinco olympia. I would like to have the frame weight tapped for a sight mount. Is a frame weight legal?

Ty for your time. And if there is a resource anywhere that has the restriced modifications for .22 divisions I would love to have a link.

Threeheadeddog,

There are no real restrictions except if it has optics or not. Everything else is pretty much open game. There was a segment on Shooting USA that covered the WSSC and National Steel Challenge . There were some really great looking pistols in there with some great modifications. If possible, try to catch those episodes.

Take care...