Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any way to get more grip on an SVI?

Aglifter

If the problem is not enough surface vertically you might consider taking the Dawson off and trying a slimmer magwell like an STI. They still have a big hole for reloads but are not as restrictive as the wide Dawson.

Cheers,

Pat

I have the same issue - my hands are big enough to run out of room between the Ice and a fairly hi-cut beaver-tail. With a flat MS housing, that puts the wrist bones in an unnatural position that probably won't withstand a lot of rounds fired.

As mentioned, you could try another magwell design OR if you like a gun that points high you could try the ZM Wedge mainspring housing with the Ice - that's what I shoot. Sides of my hands make very solid contact with the Ice but the wrist bone at the corner of my hand sits on the Wedge and there's no crowding.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10333 There's a link to even more photos in one of the posts.

It may be that an arched MS housing would relieve the crowding but have a feeling that with my hands it would still be a problem.