Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG 121 IFP 9mm load data

sfort

I am looking for load info for MG 121 IFP in 9mm. I'll be using VV 3n37,3n38, n340, or n350. I have looked thru my manuals and done a search on here but couldn't find anything. I shoot a stock 92FS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for load info for MG 121 IFP in 9mm. I'll be using VV 3n37,3n38, n340, or n350. I have looked thru my manuals and done a search on here but couldn't find anything. I shoot a stock 92FS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have an answer, but since no one has responded in almost a full day, here's a thought.

Look at any load data in any book for the 124 - 125 grain bullet and start with the minimum

load they recommend - make up 20 of them, and chrono them. See if you want to increase the

velocity.

Good luck with it.

Jack

If you're using the loads for target practice/plinking, then what Hi-Power suggests is the way to go. If you are shooting USPSA or IDPA events, then you will most likely find that the combination of a heavier bullet, like MG's 147 and a faster powder such as N-320, Titegroup, or Solo-1000 (developed to give you a power factor of perhaps 135) will give you a softer shooting load than the lighter 121 IFP and the slower powders you mentioned.

Man, I used to love those bullts, but I loaded them with Titegroup, and that was 4.1 gr at 1.125. This was a snappy load, but I like snappy through my pistols, and currently run BBI 130s over Solo, and they are pretty snappy too. To each his own.

Worked up a 9mm Clays load today, 3.8 Clays/MG 121 IFP/WSP/OAL 1.145/Any case.

I've been shooting 115gr W-W white box(bought thousands when the price was cheap) and can't believe how much softer the Clays load is. Give it a try it's truly amazing.

Edited update: After consideration and testing 4gr Clays, due to the OAL of 1.145, is a better load.

Edited by the duck of death

I will try ya'll's ideas. I have four different VV powders and will see how they work. I'm still trying to find my fave load and bullet weight. I really like factory 147gr, but figured i would try a wider variety of weights. Hopefully in the next year or two I can start shooting competitions.

I will try ya'll's ideas. I have four different VV powders and will see how they work. I'm still trying to find my fave load and bullet weight. I really like factory 147gr, but figured i would try a wider variety of weights. Hopefully in the next year or two I can start shooting competitions.

NO, start shooting competitions NOW !!!

Don't wait - everyone will be very happy to help

you out - we all love to see beginners come out

and try their hand - you'll LOVE the first shoot,

believe me.

Jack

I will second the motion that you go out and shoot now as opposed to getting your perfect load figured out. I mean really, you could do it your way, and you'd be cool. But, you might waste time in a way. Once you start competing, you will likely change your load depending on the availability of what components you can get.

Find a load that makes power factor, but isn't too stout. make sure it runs the gun, and is accurate. This shouldn't take an inordinate amount of time. I can usually do it in two trips, three max to the range. Then it is time to shoot matches and practice. Find you suck zone, and where you shine, and work to improve both.

Then you will have an idea of what you really want , or can settle with to get you and keep you and your gun running.

I sure like those bullets though. Nice and purty. Accurate too.

If you want to pay big bucks for VV powder get the right one N320 for a non-compensated 9 mm. Save some money and pick up some TiteGroup, Solo 1000, or WST. 3N37, N350, 3N38 are slow powders I use in my Compensated Open gun at MAJOR power factor. N340 is a bit faster and might work ok but not give you the soft shooting you will find in the faster powders. Heavier bulles will also cut some of the flip and recoil making it easier to go fast.