Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Frames

RickyH

it has to be a complete gun.

to be more specific, it has to be a 45 acp, 5.190" length barrel, Stainless (or stainless colored). Not sure about it having to be short or long dust cover.

Thats the way SVI submitted a gun for approval to be placed on the Kalifornia safe handgun list back when the list was implemented.

I'm assuming that you're talking about ordering a new SVI. I talked to them several months ago, when I was trying to decide between SVI and a BarSto BS 40, as they are the only California DOJ approved S_I widebody frames. If you look on the SVI literature, you will notice that the only California approved pistol is a .45 ACP widebody. From what I remember, you have to buy that gun and do the paperwork/waiting period with your dealer. Once you have the pistol, you can send it back to SVI, and they will 'gunsmith' the pistol to the specifications that you ordered on their gunbuilder. You can spec out whatever you want, and you pay for the pistol that you want on gunbuilder, but the only pistol they can legally ship to CA is the .45. Then you ship it right back, and they build what you want. Give them a call, and doublecheck. They were very helpful when I talked to them.

+1 to what 1fng said, its a lil back an forth, but it saves SVI from havingto put every single model/variation on the 'approved list' at roughly 2500 bucks a pop, and its only goodfor a yr. your other option is to do a two party transfer of a framethat is already owned in Cali. the problem there is that, they are basically gold....and you will pay the price, yrs ago whwn i had a hankeringfor a limited gun, got into a bidding war, won it, but basically paid 3 times the normal going rate for a frame....