Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need FO front sight for 1100 w/ rifle sights

Kyreb

My search fu must be weak today. Found nothing but I can't possibly be the first to go down this path.

Factory 18" barrel with rifle sights. My eyes just do not pick up the small brass bead on top of the existing front sight. Want to swap out for fiber optic....preferrably green. .

Been searching options for a couple days now.

Best I have found so far is from Hi-Viz. It will require a gunsmith as is requires a larger dovetail than my bbl has. ( .375 vs ~ .350")

Sight is also slightly higher (.420 vs ~ .404".)

My link

Anyone have any better ideas or suggestions? Thanks! Rick

Thanks for the tip on Brownell's tech line. However, they did not have any solutions.

I am pretty surprised there does not seem to be a drop in replacement for these Remington sights. With all the 870s, 1100s and 11-87s out there.......looks like there would be a market. :(

Anybody familiar with Williams "Firesights"? It is a red optic instead of my preferred green but I can live with that.

Their ads claim they fit Remington rifle barrels with minor fitting. I would guess Remington would use the same dovetail on rifle and slug barrels.

Midway offers these for only $17.99. Think I will chance it and throw one in my next order.

Solution found.

First I must apologize as I was off on my first measurements of the dovetail. A better pair of glasses and some DIGITAL calipers revealed the notch to be much closer to a true .375".

Anyway, I ordered a Hi-Viz DOVM in the height of .420". It arrived today from Midway.

Installation took all of about three minutes. The old blade popped right out and the replacenment slipped right in with just a drop of break free and some gentle but firm persuasion with a brass punch and mallet. No filing period.

The sight is an awsome improvement. The FO element is big by today's standards and really stands out.

I may not be able to read calipers worth a darn but I can see that big green dot with no problem! :blush: