Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

13lb ismi recoil spring for glock 34?

G34 CORDY

i just ordered a ismi 13lb recoil spring with the ismi captured guide rod, i have tried the wolff 14lb spring with there guide rod but did not like that is was so hard to put in ( uncaptured ). i have a vanek trigger kit with his light weight extended tip striker and reduced power striker spring. my question is how many of you have tried this setup and do you like it? iam shooting my g34 in uspsa production and everyone is telling me to try a 13lb recoil spring, they tell me it helps with recoil and to get on target faster. i think i get back on target good with the stock recoil setup, will this ismi setup help any? iam shooting around a 130pf. thanks for your advice

Edited by G34 CORDY

That is exactly I've been using for with the same setup as you (Vanek, etc.) with 147 gr. Zero JHP and 3.3 gr of Titegroup.

That what I normally recommend, especially with loads as light as you're running.

Works for me, YMMV.

:cheers:

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

Exact same setup that I've had in my last 2 G34's. :cheers: Vanek Custom Grandmaster trigger kits and a 13# ISMI captured recoil spring with a Jager polymer guide rod.

I noticed less front sight dip than with the factory spring. Quicker second shot.

For what it's worth: I was visiting with Charlie Vanek on the phone the other day. Charlie uses and said that Dave Sevigny also uses the 14# Wolff spring on an uncaptured guide rod.

Edited by Paul Burtchell

Well, with a lighter spring weight, the slide should move faster (theorhetically letting you get back on target quicker), and it should help with any (if you are having any) ejection issues. Since the slide will be moving faster, the felt recoil will be of a quicker duration, so it might feel a bit "snappier", but with light loads, probably not enough to even notice.

paul how did you like the setup? i havnt got to shoot my new setup yet i just installed it. i have a match this sunday i will be using it in

I highly recommend that setup. In my opinion the best a Glock trigger can be, quick follow up shots and 100% reliable. The muzzle dip definitely seemed less with the 13# spring as compared to a factory 17# spring.

Follow up and let us know how it does for you..

Edited by Paul Burtchell

i sure will let you guys know. i wont get the spring till the monday after the match but i will go to the range when i get it and let you know how it all works out. when i tried the 14lb wolff spring it seemed more snappy and my stock setup seemed more of a push but i didnt keep the wolff setup in there very long because it was so hard to put in after cleaning i put it aside.