Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Sihlouette Steel Load?

ExtremeShot

Does anyone have a 9mm Sihlouette Steel (minor PF) load?

I'm using 124gr Montana Gold CMJ with an OAL of 1.170.

I'm thinking 140 or 150 pf will probably be around 7.0 grains??? At 8.0 grains I get 177 pf.

Thanks,

Darren

I am right at 8 for major as well.

I would actually drop to 6.5 and see what the chrono says. My guess is you may go even lower to get to 140pf.

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about working up a 6, 6.5, and a 7.0 load and see what I get and what makes the gun run.

Ramshot's Load Guide Edition 4.3 shows:

124gr. bullet and OAL=1.169: 4.9gr of Sihl = 1005fps = 124PF

124gr. bullet and OAL=1.169: 5.6gr of Sihl = 1105fps = 137PF

Thx.

D

For 9mm minor with 124 gr. montana Gold JHP I use the faster burning powders such as Bullseye, W-231 or WSF for ca 1050 fps velocities. My preference is for 147 gr. FMJ's at ca 900 fps with either Bullseye or WSF.

Edited by TonyT

For 9mm minor with 124 gr. montana Gold JHP I use the faster burning powders such as Bullseye, W-231 or WSF for ca 1050 fps velocities. My preference is for 147 gr. FMJ's at ca 900 fps with either Bullseye or WSF.

I agree, you run Sil that low and it doesn't burn for shit. You get lots of unburned stuff clogging everything and it's a mess. Don't go there...

At least that has been my experience with my open...

JT

Edited by JThompson

Ever tried Clays? Thinking of using it for NRA Action Pistol at a 120+PF.