Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Long Gun Ear Muffs

ParaLarry

Looking for input and advice about the best ear muffs for long guns, specifically in 3 gun matches. I need to double plug; my old Pro-Ears Slims from the 90's just quit and they don't repair that model anymore. Thanks for your opinion!

I use the Peltor Tactical 6-S electronic hearing protectors and really like them. Peltor link. Sometimes I will use ear plugs and the Peltors if the course of fire is loud due to tunnels or other props. They are slim-line and lightweight.

Phil G

I am by no means a fan of earmuff style hearing pro. However, I have no problem with my MSA Sordin Supremes. They are spendy but the sound quality is great, customer service (if you need it) is second to none, and I can shoot all 3 guns with no interference from the fit.

Edited by smokshwn

I use a pair of Peltor ComTacs that I've had since the early/mid-90s and it's pretty much the only pair of muffs I've used since then and I've never had any problems with them being in the way for any gun or shooting I've shot/done.

Even used them during my army time and they've just kept running through wind, rain, snow and mud. I've gotten new hygiene kits twice, but that's it...

Edited by gose

Looking for input and advice about the best ear muffs for long guns, specifically in 3 gun matches. I need to double plug; my old Pro-Ears Slims from the 90's just quit and they don't repair that model anymore. Thanks for your opinion!

Howard Leight Impact Sport

On sale at Midway for $50 last I looked. Comfortable, light, and good protection on my big mellon. Pistol or rifle.

Jeff

I currently use Pro Ears that are angled so they stay out of the way of the stock. Having said that, I would suggest trying the Howard Leight model. Price is great and they donated 2 dozen pair to our club to use at a NSSF First Shots program.

Mike