Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RWS 9mm brass

I was given a bunch of 1 fired RWS 9mm brass. It came from the stuff they sell at Wally World. I thought it was reloadable but now I have a question about it. I was hand priming them with a Lee primer and at the start the primer is pretty hard to get started then it just snaps in. I can't really tell if the primer pocket is crimped or not. I primed about 20 of them and they all do it. Is this stuff ok to reload? And if it is what is up with the primer pocket. Thanks

Interesting...I ran into a half dozen of these as once fired range pickups just last week. Since I didn't recognize the headstamp, I just consigned it to the scrap pile to play it safe.

Curtis

I have used RWS~rifle brass but do not remeber seeing any RWS pistol brass. S&B 9mm brass also has tight primer pockets and some people have speculated it was due to the primer pockets being reamed rather than swaged. I use S&B brass but am careful in the priming step.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with the "F C NT" 9mm brass. Used two different brand primers CCI & Win. It ends up in the junk pile.

The FC NT, is Federal Non Toxic. The primer pockets are crimped. I load on a 1050, which has a swaging station, so it's not an issue. I can tell when I get one of the NT cases, as the depriming is a little more difficult.

Seiichi