Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Before I pull the trigger...

dejadoo

I purchased a used 550B earlier this year (which I finally got around to setting up last week) and with the purchase received roughly 3,000 .40 cal 180gr Bullet Works Bevel Base lead bullets and a pound of Accurate Arms No.2 that I'd like to put to good use.

Looking at the info on Accurate Powders website they show (for lead):

185 LC RS SWC 4.6 - 829 to 5.1 - 942 @ 1.12

Would substituting the 180 using 4.6 gr @ 1.12 be low enough to start with safely?

It should be fine. I'm not a huge fan of Accurate #2, but it works. What are you shooting it out of? With a 1.2 OAL I'm thinking a 1911 frame but it would help to know.

Edited because evidently I can't read today. wacko.gif

Edited by s_gorilla45

An XDM.

As for the Accurate - with the number of lead bullets I have I think I'll try some Solo 1000 and/or Unique (based on the reading I've been doing here).

Both great with naked lead. ;)

An XDM.

As for the Accurate - with the number of lead bullets I have I think I'll try some Solo 1000 and/or Unique (based on the reading I've been doing here).

Both great with naked lead. ;)

Jman,

I believe you were in every thread I read advocating both.

Thanks to s-gorilla45 and GrumpyOne for your input.

I tried me very first reloaded cartridges last night and everything functioned fine. The coughing and hacking have almost stopped, and if the smoke finishes clearing by later today I'll be able to take a look at the targets and maybe get an idea of accuracy. :D