Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using the Stock Mag Release

98sr20ve

Try the Vicker's mag release. I don't like the Glock standard or extended releases either. The Vicker's is production legal.

Can you cite a rule for that? By my reading of the rulebook and the 2009 revisions, the Vickers mag release is not legal -- as it's not a factory offered part....

Page 20

NOTE: The slide releases and magazine releases that are standard

on the Glock 34 and 35 models are available as a factory option on

all Glocks available in the USA. Because of this, that type of slide

release and magazine release are legal on all Glocks for SSP.

Vickers is not legal.

Just lightly break the sharp edges.

Edited by RePete

If you have to tell another shooter to do an external mod (regardless of how slight and insignificant it may be to you) in production, find another way other than an outright public post. Just my opinion.

Yes, it may be a goofy rule and inconsistent in its intent (stippling is fine, rounding the edges of a release is not), but it is a rule. Not that anyone can tell what a person does, but there is a principle behind it.

After watching the clip from Top Shot posted in another thread, and seeing how some of our "representatives" play and act, and the ongoing behind the scenes way to deal with this stuff, I'm not real pleased with what I'm seeing in the sport.

Edited by vluc

I thought the edges on my Dawson Precision adjustable sight were too sharp. I did some light stoning so it wouldn't cut me when I rack the slide. Have I broken the no external modification rule for SSP? Or am I ok because this is a sight and they can be replaced?

If you have to tell another shooter to do an external mod (regardless of how slight and insignificant it may be to you) in production, find another way other than an outright public post. Just my opinion.

Yes, it may be a goofy rule and inconsistent in its intent (stippling is fine, rounding the edges of a release is not), but it is a rule. Not that anyone can tell what a person does, but there is a principle behind it.

After watching the clip from Top Shot posted in another thread, and seeing how some of our "representatives" play and act, and the ongoing behind the scenes way to deal with this stuff, I'm not real pleased with what I'm seeing in the sport.

IMHO it could be classed as doing it for safety - possible cuts to the body, stops blood letting.

• 1 month later...
Is there a spring that provides less tension on the mag release available?

You don't really need a different spring. Just pull out the stock spring, slightly bend it with a pair of non-marring hognose pliers, and reinstall. Voila! Lighter mag button activation at absolutely no cost. I have been doing this myself for about ten years. It works.

Thanks, Duane. I just did this on a new G22. Worked like a charm.