Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge in Corpus Christi?

Can any of the BE members from Corpus Christi, TX confirm if there is in fact going to be a steel challenge match this Sunday at the Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club? I'll be down there Saturday night for a friend's wedding and was thinking of hitting the match before coming home on Sunday! :)

Thanks!

Can any of the BE members from Corpus Christi, TX confirm if there is in fact going to be a steel challenge match this Sunday at the Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club? I'll be down there Saturday night for a friend's wedding and was thinking of hitting the match before coming home on Sunday! smile.gif

Thanks!

Send a PM to Merlin , I think he is at the FNH 3gun but I bet he will check his email

Edited by AlamoShooter

Can any of the BE members from Corpus Christi, TX confirm if there is in fact going to be a steel challenge match this Sunday at the Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club? I'll be down there Saturday night for a friend's wedding and was thinking of hitting the match before coming home on Sunday! :)

Thanks!

This weekend is an IDPA match at Starry. They had a steel match Mothers day. There may be a diff club putting one on. I was under the impression that they do not allow steel to be shot at CCRPC. cbshooters.com is the club website.

Just pulled it up on CCRPC site. They show one on the 4th Sunday. I don't know who puts it on. First I have heard of it.

Edited by mike4045

Yeah, I hadn't heard of it before either and it's not on cbshooters website so I guess it's a different group? I'll PM Merlin and see if he knows anything about it. I guess if we don't hear anything to the contrary, Alexis and I will take our gear down there and drop by the range to see what's up!

Thanks!

Thomas,

Not sure about Corpus, but there is a steel match this Saturday up in Temple.

Match announcment follows:

Temple Gun Club will be holding a 6-stage Steel Challenge match Saturday 5-22-10

That's six regulation Steel Challenge stages set up to standard.

Bring plenty of ammo ( 150 round minimum) and sunscreen.

Eye and Ear protection required, even for spectators.

No armor piercing,tracer,incendiary or magnum ammo.

Set up 7:30

Sign in 8:30

Hammer Down 9:00 am

Doug

Thanks Doug! I saw that in Don's email and was very interested! We've gotta go to Corpus this weekend for a wedding otherwise I'd probably be planning a trip to Temple. Maybe next month!

Thanks!

Thomas, yes there will be a Steel Challenge match this Sunday at the Corpus Christi Pistol and Rifle club. This is the second match they will be putting on. They started a Steel Challenge club a couple of months ago. This club has nothing to do with the CBShooters and also Merlin knows nothing about it. I am a member of the CBShooters, but when I found out they were starting to shooting steel challenge matches there and that is my home range I figured why not. The match will start Sunday at 9am.

Just wanted to say thanks to M118LR and everyone else at the Corpus Christi Pistol and Rifle Club! My daughter and I shot the Steel Challenge match today and had a fantastic time! The range is set up great, the match flowed smoothly, and everyone was extremely friendly and fun to shoot with! :) We'll definitely be back for future matches and anyone else in Corpus, or thinking of taking a trip down there, should try to pay them a visit for a fun match! This is a very new Steel Challenge match so let's try to get the word out and get as many folks as possible on board! Word is they've got more steel on order and are going to try and run SIX stages in the future!

Thanks again guys!

Thomas it was GREAT shooting with you and your daugther. It also turns out that your daugther won the match. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks, man!! She was super excited to see that!! It really got her enthusiasm up! After looking at the results she said, "We gotta go shoot some MORE!". :)