Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X Frame Grips

RevolverJockey

This is where I got mine several weeks ago. It appears there were no yellow or orange. Black was all I could find. They have S&W logos so I bet you won't find them on the Hogue site. I put them on my 625 and 627 and like them a lot!

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_758003_-1_757843_757837_image

Team Amish 1 appears to be correct in saying the link is down. I can't get a transfer either. Could it be we've created a mini run on the grips and they're out of stock? I'd give them a day or so and try it again. They're worth the wait.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah that I were young enough to have focus now that I see the use of it. - Me

.This thread got me curious so I pulled the grips off of my 460 and slipped them onto my 627. I really like the feel! I was getting ready to order a set of Mono Big Butts, but am going to try these for a while. They force a high hand hold just like the BB's on my 625, but don't have the "butt" there to potentially get in the way.

the really nice thing about the X-frame grips is that one can get a really really high grip, covering the beavernub with one's web of the hand. provided the hammer is bobbed. I have rather large hands and finally manage to put only the tip of my index finger through the triggerguard. with the good looking open back grips one usually gets with revolvers, it's impossible for me to put less than 2/3 of my trigger finger through the trigger guard.

I just wish there were a stippled or skateboard-taped version. the soft rubber gets way too slippery during TX summers.