Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why is production slower?

"I noticed that in the first couple of days, Jarrett didn't seem to be getting all the A's that were out there.  I don't think he was slowing down for them.  In fact,  it appeared like he might have been rushing.  (Maybe trying to make up time lost 'cause of those reloads?)"

I had dinner with Todd Jarrett the evening of the last match day (that's less impressive than it sounds - we just both happened to be in Wendy's at the same time) and he addressed the same thing you're pointing out. He said, "On the first day I was trying too hard, pushing myself beyond my skill level, and I just did lots of stupid stuff." [Actually he didn't say "stuff" but you get the idea.] "I woke up the morning of the next day and said to myself, 'C'mon Todd, you know how to do this; you know how to win this. Just go out there and have fun.' And that's what I did, I went out there and shot and had fun - and I won."

After that first day of being a little wild, on the second day Jarrett just settled in and started shooting points. And it worked. He began the day 15 points down from David Sevigny. He finished it 66 points up.

(Edited by Duane Thomas at 7:49 pm on Aug. 6, 2002)

Hey David- great shooting.

A very interesting discussion. Perhaps Production should have a dedicated Nationals match. It was certainly critical having Big T shoot and win Production (he is the man after all), but I believe it may lend even more weight to the manufacture’s/media’s perception, if Jerry, Rob, Mike, Phil, Adam, and Taran participated as well. I mean, ya gotta use those cats for something, right? ;)

As far as promoting the division goes…..or not.

Great idea Travis.  I would love to see each division have it's own nationals.  Let's face it, were it not for the breakout of the Lim-10 and production divisions from open and limited this year, once again, there would have been no where near as much participation at the GM level.  Even though a lot of people would like to see it happen, I doubt it ever will.

Congrats on the 8th OA finish Chris. I hope at the very least they more equally recognize the divisions. I shot L-10 there and felt sort of uncomfortable at the awards, because it seemed like Production played second fiddle. Might have read that wrong, but it seemed that way.