Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade Match or new limited

RUSHARP2

So do I send the Match off to Canyon Creek for the magwell and a little internal upgrades, or get a new Limited? Anyone have both and see a difference that would make it worth the upgrade. I would have a little easier time with the $ for the upgrades vs the $ for a new gun. Not interested in selling the Match if I do go to a limited.

I know that the Limited will give me a little more weight with the full dusk cover, but what am I missing?

thoughts?

I shot my match for about a year before upgrading to a limited. The only things I didnt like about the match was the weight and rear sights. The weight of the match isnt as noticable until you shoot a limited for a while and then try to go back. I never liked the rear sights at all but for the price of the gun I couldnt pass it up. If you are thinking about sending your match to Rich for the magwell, I would also check on how much he would charge to install a new rear sight.

Does the limited magwell fit on the limited? I was thinking about getting the limited magwell from Hennings store for my match. I wish I could afford to upgrade to the limited.

Do you mean does the limited magwell fit on the Match? No, as Cha-Lee stated, You call Rich at Canyon Creek and get the magwell welded on by him. I think the aftermarket Match magwell is a little better than the stock limited one. He also has a upgraded Limited magwell.

The magwell is about $120 and he charges about $120 to weld it on. That is my dilemma, 250ish for a magwell or 1100ish for the new gun.

I wished I would have pulled the trigger on the slightly used one that showed up a few weeks ago for $850.

Matt

Does the limited magwell fit on the limited? I was thinking about getting the limited magwell from Hennings store for my match. I wish I could afford to upgrade to the limited.

Do you mean does the limited magwell fit on the Match? No, as Cha-Lee stated, You call Rich at Canyon Creek and get the magwell welded on by him. I think the aftermarket Match magwell is a little better than the stock limited one. He also has a upgraded Limited magwell.

The magwell is about $120 and he charges about $120 to weld it on. That is my dilemma, 250ish for a magwell or 1100ish for the new gun.

I wished I would have pulled the trigger on the slightly used one that showed up a few weeks ago for $850.

Matt

Yea thats what I meant. I just like the limited magwell looks wise a little better. 120 to have it welded on is too high for me and then add the price for UPS shipping, that puts it to around 200.

Well I just called Hennings shop to confirm, but nobody answered so I hung up. Then my phone rings and its Henning! He says no to my question but says he is making a new magwaell for the limited and will likely make one for the match once that one is done.

I've shot the match for a little over a year now. I went the "upgrade the match route" when I really wanted a limited, just didn't want to spend the money. After a friend of mine got a limited and let me shoot it, I ended up trading him another gun for it. For me the limited was more accurate. I couldn't say for sure it's because of the bull barrel, the weight difference, or a combination of the two, but it absolutely shoots more accurate than the match for me. Now I have a match laying around that won't get shot because of the limited. So looking back it would have been cheaper for me to get the limited first, and that is what I wish I would have done.