Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal Mods for USPSA Production?

CrankyCrash

I had my Glock 34 customized by Dale Hunnicutt of GripReductions.com, it is now a permanently legal IDPA ESP gun.

Here's what I had him do: See picture

1. Add competition beaver tail

2. Customized grip reduction

3. Added permanent magwell funnel

Does the modifications mentioned above eliminate me from using this as a Production gun is USPSA?

Thanks.

post-13988-12735905973_thumb.jpg

I'm probably gonna run it in Limited Minor as all I need to do is buy some magazine extensions. I already have a setup to reload 9mm and have a few top notch loads.

I'm assuming I could also run it in Limited 10, without buying anything I guess.

Thanks for the quick replies from everyone.

I'm probably gonna run it in Limited Minor as all I need to do is buy some magazine extensions. I already have a setup to reload 9mm and have a few top notch loads.

I'm assuming I could also run it in Limited 10, without buying anything I guess.

if you're set up to laod 9 already and know of some nice shootig loads go for it. and yes, it would be just fine for LTD-10 as well, just download all the magazines to only 10 rounds and have fun.

Yep you could shoot L-10 but I've never been a fan of performing reloads on a gun with a magwell without extended basepads on the magazines.

Yep you could shoot L-10 but I've never been a fan of performing reloads on a gun with a magwell without extended basepads on the magazines.

I use it in IDPA all the time so I've gotten used to not having extended basepads.

You could use it in Limited-10, but it makes less sense than in Limited. At least in Limited you'll have a bit more magazine capacity to (help) make up somewhat for Minor scoring. From what I've seen Major is often worth more than a couple of rounds of mag capacity, but at least it's something. In L-10 you have no advantage and one big disadvantage. R,

You could use it in Limited-10, but it makes less sense than in Limited. At least in Limited you'll have a bit more magazine capacity to (help) make up somewhat for Minor scoring. From what I've seen Major is often worth more than a couple of rounds of mag capacity, but at least it's something. In L-10 you have no advantage and one big disadvantage. R,

Bingo!

Actually, this whole situation seems like a perfect excuse to buy a new gun.

Choose production and buy a new Glock with an unmodified frame.

or

Choose limited and get a Glock 35 or an STI

or

Choose single stack and get a 1911

or

Well . . . you get the idea.

:cheers:

If you have not shot USPSA yet, forget buying anything until you have.

Go shoot with the gear you have. Limited minor is as good as anything to start with.

Check out what the other competitors are using. Few stay with the gun they started with for long.

Also, working the kinks out of new gear, will drag down your focus on learning a new game.

Very likely you have developed some skills, and tools for IDPA. If you have a reliable gun, and load, take advantage of that.