Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey Single Stack shooters . . .

What about shooting minor with 10 rounds? You have to shoot straighter but your mag changes are reduced.

All depends on the stages. This weekend, I shot our local match with my .45 1911 the first time through, and my 9mm 1911 on the reshoot I was able to trim 1.5-2 seconds off a 22 round stage by eliminating a reload but the extra points I lost on my Charlies may or may not have eaten that up - I'm still waiting on the scores.

It was a lot of fun, though. The 9mm 1911 is like shooting an airsoft, and it gave me a chance to break down the same stage two different ways. I set the gun up as a steel gun, but think I'll keep it handy for the occasional reshoot when the stages suit it.

I actually enjoy shooting SS better than my limited gun. So much that I am going to sell it. I have gotten to the point I haven't shot it in so long it would be weird pulling it out.

What about shooting minor with 10 rounds? You have to shoot straighter but your mag changes are reduced.

All depends on the stages. This weekend, I shot our local match with my .45 1911 the first time through, and my 9mm 1911 on the reshoot I was able to trim 1.5-2 seconds off a 22 round stage by eliminating a reload but the extra points I lost on my Charlies may or may not have eaten that up - I'm still waiting on the scores.

It was a lot of fun, though. The 9mm 1911 is like shooting an airsoft, and it gave me a chance to break down the same stage two different ways. I set the gun up as a steel gun, but think I'll keep it handy for the occasional reshoot when the stages suit it.

That is usually what I do. I haven't been able to beat myself with 9mm and I have honestly tried my best.

capacity limitiations for a 40 are the same as 45, assuming you are shooting major. 8+1.

You can get 9 plus 1 and still fit the box but its not USPSA legal. I don't have to use a barney mag though I just have 9 in my first mag.

would you guys partially agree that getting real good in singlestack would definitely make things feel easier and improve your skills with production and L10 guns? SS you have less ammo and reloads are generally more difficult. SS is really the hardest division in terms of trying to place high at a match overall? (i mean other than revo )

would you guys partially agree that getting real good in singlestack would definitely make things feel easier and improve your skills with production and L10 guns? SS you have less ammo and reloads are generally more difficult. SS is really the hardest division in terms of trying to place high at a match overall? (i mean other than revo )

If your end goal is to become a real good production shooter then shoot nothing but production. Getting real good at Single Stack will make you one thing.....Real good at Single Stack.