Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Identification!

ninefan

So.... it's been a while since I've shot the Glocks, and... now I have a problem. I had a Vanek classic kit in one gun and a Sotelo in the other gun. I know which plungers & spring cups are which, but I can't tell the trigger bars apart! I'm not certain which trigger bar was in which gun, DOH!

Does anyone know a good way to tell them apart?

What I do know:

Trigger Bar #1) One of the trigger bars is highly polished in the entire ejector housing area, both top & bottom. This trigger bar has a small (stock-ish sized) hole for the trigger spring, and has squared edges below the trigger spring hole.

Trigger Bar #2) This trigger bar is only polished where the horizontal tab rides in the ejector housing. The rest of the area looks mostly like the stock finish, except where it's polished at the striker contact surface. The trigger spring hole is enlarged compared to the other trigger bar and has rounded edges below the trigger spring hole.

I don't remember enough about the feel differences between the two to tell them apart that way, unfortunately.

Any hints? :)

Nothing really. Definitely give Charlie a buzz. His parts have "evolved" over the years. One common trait I see on both of mine is a highly smoothed and polished trigger bar "ramp". Meaning the piece that contacts the safety plunger.

IIRC, the Sotello trigger relocates the hole for the trigger spring in the trigger bar. The hole may be a little larger and may be signs that it was moved. The safety plunger is a bit more rounded like a ball.

The workmanship on the Vanek seems to me to be a little higher: the safety plunger is well shaped but not rounded. Put the parts side by side and it should be possible to tell.

The main way of telling is, at least for the one's I owned, the trigger safety works as Gaston intended on Charlie's kit...the Sotello kit is a little more iffy in this aspect.

If you are trying to judge by trigger housings, it gets easy...Charlie has a screw in the back to reduce overtravel in his Classic kit.

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Curtis

There are some differences where the trigger bar meets the safety plunger, but it's not really obvious which one is which.

Both of the trigger bars look like they were shortened at the trigger spring attachment point. One just has a slightly larger hole than the other, and it also has the rounded edges where it was cut off. The other one is square where it was cut off.

Knowing what I know now I would have put some sort of identification mark on them when I got them. Hindsight 20/20. :)

Install one trigger bar then the other. I'd bet you a beer that the trigger bar in which the trigger safety extends fully and works like stock would be Charlie's part.

:cheers:

Curtis

I don't want to discuss another trigger designer on a public forum. It depends on how old my trigger is that you have now, but I will say if all edges are not rounded and finished then its not mine. Give me a call I'll get into more detail. Also, if the trigger safety has been shaved or trimmed then again its not my trigger.

Edited by Charlie Vanek