Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milsurp Ammo

Rcurly

I have been given a large amount of Porteguese Military Surplus 308 ammo made by FN and sealed in battlepacks. It appears to all be mid 70s production. It is loaded with Copper washed mild steel 147 grain FMJs. I have been told not to run it through my JP LRP07 because the steel jackets will prematurely wear the bore. My gut says that the mild steel is no harder than gilding metal and it should not be an issue. What say the gurus here? Anyone here run it?

I've put a bunch through my M1A and that rifle still shoots better than the operator. I've used that ammo on my own steel targets without any damage, but if you get checked at a match by a magnet-equipped RO, you may be doing some explaining to the Range Master.

You know, just to be on the safe side, you probably ought to send all of it to me to dispose of properly.... I'd sure hate for you to get your hand spanked at a match cuz of that. Dont worry, it's a burden for me to do this for you, but I dont mind. Really. :goof:

• 3 weeks later...

You know, just to be on the safe side, you probably ought to send all of it to me to dispose of properly.... I'd sure hate for you to get your hand spanked at a match cuz of that. Dont worry, it's a burden for me to do this for you, but I dont mind. Really. :goof:

in case Ken can't handle all of that, i will gladly sacrifice my time and weapon to properly test and dispose of it.

:cheers: