Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Makes a 1050 Faster?

Les,

Why would changing the powder measure have any effect on your reloading speed with the 1050,or any other press for that matter?

I have several powder measures (both new and old style) and currently have one of the newer "lockout" style powder measures with one charge bar spring installed. I initially thought that the slight vibration that the lockout causes might shake up the powder and keep the powder measure consistent, which it seems to have accomplished. I have noticed that Dillon diagrams do not show a powder bar return spring on this style of powder measure but this is the way I received it from the previous owner. My older powder measures have 2 return springs and a failsafe rod but no lockout device. I could easily convert to the old style powder measure but cannot see how this would help.

Remember, use small words for those of us that "ride the short bus".

Leo

Leo

my S1050 did not have a return spring on the charge bar from the factory equipped with the lockout giz... I found that I was working the handle to the cadence of the lockout bar clanking and not working the handle smoothly. Replacing the lockout bar with an earlier bell crank seemed to help... remember that I am right hemisphere....sequential not global....

PS... I'd rather have the kids from the short bus than some of my honors kids... at least they are appreciative

you need to bring the go fast bike over for a ride, Hunter and I planning on some short rides

Yup The MA Systems bullet feeder is the way to go every time if you want the fastest 1050 on the block, I now have 3 x 1050's and 2 have the ma systems feeder I love it.

100rnd in 2 minuites can't beat that.

Also 1 shot is great, I use that and combined with the bullet feeder my tennis elbow oppertation was not neccessary

A note here........

All mechanical machine are prone to some sort of failure or foible some worse then others, before you knock a product, go out and try anothers, I once had the woderfull chance to use a lee 1000 need I say more.

Dillon rocks............ They have my vote evertime :D

The drawback to the 1050 I'm told is its not eash to change calibers. If you shoot more than one that could be a time eater. Chris loves his but he only loads 40, I shoot every pistol caliber except 50AE so I change things just about evertime I load.

The best set-up is a guy I know with five 1050's, one for each caliber he shoots. htat's the way to go if your wallet is up to the task.

Why is a 1050 faster shorter stroke#1

don't have to push forward to prime#2

can anybody show me where it say's you don't need lube on your brass when using carbide dies?????? lube and your cases won't stick in the powder funnel.xl-650 high primers happens from pilot error if mosst of your priners are seated and some arn't you were #1 going faster than you should and didn't push forward all the way#2your bench is to light or your sitting down when seating the primer so you think your seating them when your not #3handle of machine is hitting bench stopping it from a full stroke. My first post

Yours In Reloading