Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI plastic grip on SVI frame?

ErikDJ

More than likely some fitting of the STI grip itself will need to be done. The two steel inserts inside the grip that the mounting screws go through will likely be too wide front to back looking at the grip from the top. If they are not narrowed and the grip is forced onto the frame the grip may crack when the screws are tightened. The steel pads can be filed on the front and back to make it fit the SVI frame.

Cheers,

Pat

Pat is right. The frame of the SVI is too wide for the STI grip as well. You have to decrease the thickness of the pads and their width. It can be made to work, it just has to be fitted to an SVI frame and not to an STI. It can be a real PITA sometimes though.

Hi,

Will a STI plastic grip fit a SVI frame?

According to my google searches it seems like it will fit, but I'm unable to find any definitive answers.

Thanks,

Erik

Yes, the STI plastic grip and the SVI plastic grip are one and the same.

Hi,

Will a STI plastic grip fit a SVI frame?

According to my google searches it seems like it will fit, but I'm unable to find any definitive answers.

Thanks,

Erik

Yes, the STI plastic grip and the SVI plastic grip are one and the same.

You miiiiiight want to call SVI and ask them about that. Yes, the grips used the same mold shared by both companies, but they are not finished to work on both. SVI is actually making an effort to change just enough about their parts so they do not work on STI guns. Trigger bows were one of the first items to start being made oversized. Other parts to follow as engineering allows.

You miiiiiight want to call SVI and ask them about that. Yes, the grips used the same mold shared by both companies, but they are not finished to work on both. SVI is actually making an effort to change just enough about their parts so they do not work on STI guns. Trigger bows were one of the first items to start being made oversized. Other parts to follow as engineering allows.

That seems like a really stupid bad marketing move for the smaller of two boutique firearms companies to shrink their market share even more by using proprietary parts. Non-interchangeable parts also means less sales of their parts which might have been used on their competitors platform. This marketing/design strategy has been used by many failed technology companies, anybody remember Everex Computers?