Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Ranch, 24APR10

I'm planning on going to this match, and I've never been to the ranch, nor do I know anyone that is going.

I was wondering if anyone here is attending, or if there was someone you know that is attending so that I can have a "contact" when I get there?

I'm still pretty new and like to have someone keep me from walking "down range" on my first visit to any range.

Also, if you are going, and travelling from North to South........I live in Elgin, OK along 44............I'm always interested in splitting gas costs.

Thanks.

Brad

I'm planning on going to this match, and I've never been to the ranch, nor do I know anyone that is going.

I was wondering if anyone here is attending, or if there was someone you know that is attending so that I can have a "contact" when I get there?

I'm still pretty new and like to have someone keep me from walking "down range" on my first visit to any range.

Also, if you are going, and travelling from North to South........I live in Elgin, OK along 44............I'm always interested in splitting gas costs.

Thanks.

Brad

Match has already happened it was in March. Sorry

Ok I was confused the match will be this saturday. There will be plenty of folks there to help you out. I will not be able to be there or I would help you out. Keep an eye on the web site doubletapranch.com to see if it is happening. We have had alot of rain lately and are expecting more friday. If the match does happen you will need to check in with Robert Porter M.D. and sign a range release. he will take care of getting where you need to be.

Yea, I know the championship already happenned......... That's why I specified "April 24" and "monthly USPSA".

Is there an address, or cross roads that I can plug into a GPS? I saw the map on the website, but I couldn't find an actual address.

Who is the M.D. you are talkng about? Is he suppose to magically appear in my dreams to give me the release form, or is there contact information?

I KNOW there will be people there; it's just nice to have someone that knows you are coming and can assist as soon as you arrive. When I went to the OKCGC match the first time, I asked this same question, and 10 people that offerred to help. Maybe it's just the guys at that club.

I'll be there anyway since the inlaws live in WF.

Edited by Brad_G

dqshooter is the Club President at the Doubletap. Robert Porter owns the range, and runs it.The "club" itself is only a handful of people. Porter does almost everything himself, with lots of help from Steve (dqshooter) and small group of regulars. But the matches are good quality, and attract shooters from all around, should get 20 - 30 or 40 guys showing up?

The weeks following a Doubletap Championship they tend to shoot the championship stages over again a couple times.... so a good opportunity to see what the Championship was all about if you want to try out that level of stage design.

The release form is available on his website under "Release Form" on the menu, or Porter will magically appear at the match and hands you one when you register. ;)

I used to live there, but moved away a couple years ago... but if its like past years, the staff and core club are probably a little burnt out right now after the big match and not all over be.com or other boards right now, so don't take it personally that you have not had more of a response.

Closest intersection is FM 368 and Hwy 258.... that will get within about a mile of the gate which is south of that intersection 1.25 miles, on the right (west side), on FM 368.

Its a good match give it a try.

Edited by sfinney

Brad, my son and I will be there.....you can squad with us. The range has a really cool setup with a walk way/road down the middle with bays on each side....no worry about wandering downrage :-)

You can't miss me....I will be the fat guy with gray hair and my son will be wearing his Team Infinity shirt.

Lee and Nic Neel

Edited by lneel

Man, I wish I was able to go! I was really looking forward to it, but I couldn't justify going to a shooting match and missing our friend's husband and son's funeral. Anyway, there will be others that we can go to. Roadtrip!!!

Thanks guys. I am still planning on being there. I should arrive around 9:30. How long does it take to get there from the center of Wichita Falls?

I gotta drop my wife off at her parents house then I'm headed that way.

Lee, I'll find you and your son when in arrive. Just to make sure; I'm not really worried about actually walking down range literally. In the Army, "down range" is anywhere you are on the receiving end of something you don't want; like a range master DQing you because you broke one of the "range" rules, although it is not listed in the USPSA rule book, nor posted anywhere at the range.

Oh and Brad_A; you still suck!! Are you ever going to shoot?

Edited by Brad_G

Thanks guys. I am still planning on being there. I should arrive around 9:30. How long does it take to get there from the center of Wichita Falls?

I gotta drop my wife off at her parents house then I'm headed that way.

Lee, I'll find you and your son when in arrive. Just to make sure; I'm not really worried about actually walking down range literally. In the Army, "down range" is anywhere you are on the receiving end of something you don't want; like a range master DQing you because you broke one of the "range" rules, although it is not listed in the USPSA rule book, nor posted anywhere at the range.

Oh and Brad_A; you still suck!! Are you ever going to shoot?

Yeah, I'm going to shoot next sat at OKCGC. You would see but you're not going to be there b/c it's your daughter's 1st bday. Excuses, excuses. :)

Thanks guys, for all the help at the match today. It was awesome, as always is when inget to send lead down range.

I just checked the scores, and I really blew an entire stage, which caused me

to shoot 65% instead of 70%......roughly.

I also noticed that my USPSA number is listed as "Pen". I

have a number, and I'm classified "C". Who, and how to I contact to fix this?

Again, I had great time today, and unlike other matches, there were only 20

people, and we were done by 1300. This will be a match I make it to as often as I can.

Thanks again guys.

Edited by Brad_G