Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 9mm Pro Coming

JoeInKS

Well, could not resist any longer. Wound up shooting a borrowed M&P 9mm Pro from a friend (for the 12th time) and decided to just go with getting one. Over the last few months have rented and / or shot a whole host of pistols but that darn Pro just felt and shot the best.

Now to the actual question..... Besides the information present within the manual / directions on how to clean and properly lubricate it, do any of you folks do anything in addition to what is mentioned? For instance, does anyone add oil / grease to underside of the barrel where it contacts the slide, the front top portion of the 'barrel lug' where it contacts the edge of the top opening of the slide, etc.

Trying to read as much as I can so that I can do it justice in its maintenance. Have shot Glock 17's and 34's for the most part and just want to be as responsible as I've been with them.

Edited by JoeInKS

Thanks for the feedback..... have my tub of slide-glide on the list of things to buy (including holster, extra magazines, magazine holders, etc.).

Thanks again for the use of the CZ. Really liked the way it felt and shot. Was torn between it, a Sig X-Five, and of all things that darn M&P 9 Pro. My friend Steve kept lending it to me and I just continued to enjoy the grip and trigger angle. Then I learned of the $50 / 2 Mag rebate from S&W, then the vendor lowered the price another $30 with free shipping, another store in area had a gent behind counter who shot it competitively and loved it,........... too many things telling me to get the pistol.

Looking forward to shooting bowling pins with it shortly......

Congrats on a good choice.

I slide glide all of the mentioned areas. You may as well order up the Apex sear and or the whole kit unless you plan on having someone do the trigger.

+100 on the Apex sear. Great improvement on my M&P9!

Congrats on a good choice.

I slide glide all of the mentioned areas. You may as well order up the Apex sear and or the whole kit unless you plan on having someone do the trigger.

+100 on the Apex sear. Great improvement on my M&P9!

Well, have new parts from Apex, a new Blade-tech DOH holster, 10 magazines, a new rear sight to try..........

but.....

NO DARN GUN!

Had the chance to see it, fondle it, salivate on it (TMI), but couldn't bring her home.

Have to wait possibly until Friday for the ATF check to conclude. It really sucks having a name that is on the "Terrorist Watch List"

Our taxes at work I guess.

I hear you! I work with a guy who went through a bad divorce years ago and one thing led to another and he ended up in trouble with the law. Guess what? Every time he buys a gun he waits forever to get cleared.

I hear you! I work with a guy who went through a bad divorce years ago and one thing led to another and he ended up in trouble with the law. Guess what? Every time he buys a gun he waits forever to get cleared.

There's a process he can go through where he gives NICS permission to retain his background check information. Once it's approved they'll give him a PIN to put on future 4473s to access the special record. It's called a 'voluntary appeal file'.

There's a process he can go through where he gives NICS permission to retain his background check information. Once it's approved they'll give him a PIN to put on future 4473s to access the special record. It's called a 'voluntary appeal file'.

Yeah I had the same issue after I moved to Florida(when I bought my M&P Pro actually). Never had an issue in any other state that used NICS directly but Florida does their own clearances, using NICS data, through the less than bright FDLE. It took about two weeks to get it cleared through FDLE. I called the FBI and got the packet sent out for the pin number and it works like a champ. It only took about two weeks to get the pin mailed back. The real irony about the assinine Florida system is that they already had my finger prints and I had long since gotten cleared for my CCW. Sorry two separate departments that don't communicate and they do checks even with a CCW. I do like my Florida CCW from the department of agriculture though which is signed by Charles Bronson :surprise:

Its easier to call them 1-877-FBI-NICS (324-6427) and have it mailed since they supply an FBI approved fingerprint card but heres the address and the application

Federal Bureau of Investigation

National Instant Criminal Background Check System

Voluntary Appeal File Team

Post Office Box 4278

Clarksburg, WV 26302-9922

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/vafbrocheng.pdf

Edited by millisec

Yeah I had the same issue after I moved to Florida(when I bought my M&P Pro actually). Never had an issue in any other state that used NICS directly but Florida does their own clearances, using NICS data, through the less than bright FDLE. It took about two weeks to get it cleared through FDLE. I called the FBI and got the packet sent out for the pin number and it works like a champ. It only took about two weeks to get the pin mailed back. The real irony about the assinine Florida system is that they already had my finger prints and I had long since gotten cleared for my CCW. Sorry two separate departments that don't communicate and they do checks even with a CCW. I do like my Florida CCW from the department of agriculture though which is signed by Charles Bronson :surprise:

Its easier to call them 1-877-FBI-NICS (324-6427) and have it mailed since they supply an FBI approved fingerprint card but heres the address and the application

Federal Bureau of Investigation

National Instant Criminal Background Check System

Voluntary Appeal File Team

Post Office Box 4278

Clarksburg, WV 26302-9922

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/vafbrocheng.pdf

Hey thanks ever so much for the information. It's been years since I purchased any rifles or pistols and never had a problem until recently when I again got into the hobby and purchased a few 'hobby items'. Each one has been delayed. I'll sign up and hopefully not go through this again. This whole thing has made me happy that I have not tried purchasing anything at a gun show or while travelling in state.

By the way, got the call that it was OK to pick up the pistol. Thankfully its now home and safe. Already been taken apart and cleaned.