Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New(er) revo shooter pondering purchase

xringdriven

Hey guys, I have been reading as much as I can of late and feel quite lucky thus far. Based on insight gained from this forum, I now own a great 6" 686! Now, I found a posting on gb and wanted to get some input from all the shooters here. Two questions, is this a good '2nd' revo and two, is this a screaming deal?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=164181360

Thanks for any advice, suggestions or input you guys, and gals, can provide.

Xringdriven

What are you going to use the 2nd revo for? If all you shoot is IPSC, then I

would try to find one with a 5" barrel. If you are going to try IDPA, then

this would be a great gun for IDPA ESR division.

Is it a screaming deal on a 625, hard saying. The 4" JM 625's are everywhere.

I would think to shop around and see if you can find a better deal.

Tom

I have 2 of all my competition guns. If traveling to out of town matches back up is often worth having. This Sat 250 miles from home one of my Blackpowder match rifles broke a firing pin. Went to the back up gun instead of going through a long dissaemby and repair.

Revolvers how about one that is the same frame but fits another set of Rules. Shorter barrel you can shoot IDPA even shorter like a 686 2 1/2 inch you can shoot IDPA & Back up Gun Matches. I have 625's 4 & 3 inches and 686 4 inch but can crank in a 19 2 1/2 inch for BUG or if the 686 goes sour. 2 1/2 686 would be better than the 19

Boats

Edited by Boats

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

Tom, I am not sure how I would use the 625JM other than 'another' gun. Bowling pins may be a good spot to give the .45ACP some practice...? I am using the 686 in NRA Action Pistol and PPC today, although I just picked up a true PPC revo yesterday! Very nice find.

Ignatz, I looked closely at the front sight pictured and it looks 'square' to me; I have seen this sight before, perhaps in Midway or Brownells and it does slope slightly downard towards the muzzle end of the sight. Perhaps that it was creates the illusion?

Boats, having two of each of my guns would be great, just not a possibility at this time. I have been shooting NRA AP and PPC for about 5 months now and enjoy both disciplines. I do feel that I got a very fair deal when I bought my 686-6 and damn near feel guilty about what I paid for the 'new to me' PPC gun, a 14-2. The 14-2 came with a triset Aristocrat rib, slab sided barrel, underlug, ball-detent lockup, and an action job consisting of a set of springs. I took the gun directly to my 'smith for a full action job and plan to shoot it for PPC until I determine if that is a path for me.

I really appreciate all the input - looks like the auction for the 625JM will end in less than a day...I am just not sure - loading for one caliber may make my life a bit 'simpler'.

X