Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It ain't over till it's over

Wild Gene

OK,

Regional Cowboy Match. It is a simple Speed shoot. 3 Guns, fastest one to empty them wins. Man on Man format type shoot. The buzzer goes off, I fly through my rifle, pick up my shotgun and speed through that, I look over and the other guy is just finishing his shotgun, I WON! THEN, he draws his pistol, I look up and DANG, I forgot my pistol targets! I draw and shoot, and the stop plate goes down a fraction of a second behind his. He wins the speed match for the reigon, I feel like a pile of moldy poo.

Lesson learned, no matter what the game, don't forget any targets. Don't pay attention to how you've done untill AFTER the stage is complete. Shoot the stage, the only thing that matters is the next shot, and make sure you know what that is.

Your Idiot Pal,

Gene

I have seen this happen time after time. Watching someone in awe of themselves after ripping through exactly half of the stage, then pointing out to them, "Um, you forgot something...". Usually, they don't do it twice. Had one guy at our local Wednesday night match, in so much awe of himself after clearing half the steel targets, he unloaded and showed clear, holstered his weapon, then, when looking at me, asked "What was my time?" I replied, "I don't know yet, it's still running!" The look on his face was priceless!

I have seen this happen time after time. Watching someone in awe of themselves after ripping through exactly half of the stage, then pointing out to them, "Um, you forgot something...". Usually, they don't do it twice. Had one guy at our local Wednesday night match, in so much awe of himself after clearing half the steel targets, he unloaded and showed clear, holstered his weapon, then, when looking at me, asked "What was my time?" I replied, "I don't know yet, it's still running!" The look on his face was priceless!

This needs to be in the Humor sec. I LOL'd, and not at everyone, with!!