Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92 fiber optic front sight

usmc1974

There's very little material there to mill a dovetail. The Brigadier slide (like those on the Elite series) are thicker in this area to allow for a dovetail.

-rvb

If its an FS, then no. I've heard of guys boring out the front sight and putting fiber in it. Beretta Elites and the 90-two have removable front sights. I did see that they are bringing out a new 92 this year that has a removable front sight and a light rail.

If its an FS, then no. I've heard of guys boring out the front sight and putting fiber in it. Beretta Elites and the 90-two have removable front sights. I did see that they are bringing out a new 92 this year that has a removable front sight and a light rail.

I guess I will have to watch for that.Thanks

I dont think you can poke enough holes in the top of a standard 92 blade to put a fiber optic pipe in it.

If someone actually does this, let me know who they are.

I know Novak will install a gold bead or you can get tritium lamps added but, really they are just drilling the sight deep enough for a vial or bead,

Novak does not mill beretta 92 slides, because according to them there is not enough metal on the slide to do so.

Honestly, if you paint the front sight dot with gloss white model paint and keep it clean, it picks up light pretty well

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that's one of the reasons I bought the brigadier (inox) model(s).

granted it was a bug-a-boo to get the old front sight pushed out of its dovetail...and to get the new dawson precision FOFS pushed into the slot.

so far I have only done one of my brig inox's that way.

I couldn't really see spending upwards of $250 on FOFS's to out fit all four of my brig inox's .

I just use the factory white dot on black, sights.

that's one of the reasons I bought the brigadier (inox) model(s).

granted it was a bug-a-boo to get the old front sight pushed out of its dovetail...and to get the new dawson precision FOFS pushed into the slot.

so far I have only done one of my brig inox's that way.

I couldn't really see spending upwards of $250 on FOFS's to out fit all four of my brig inox's .

I just use the factory white dot on black, sights.

I totally agree.. I really want to go that route and but not spend just for a new slide for a Production/SSP Pistol.

I was cleaning the pistol one day and realized the Trijicon "vial" was a bit dim and noticed it was just pressed it by the factory. Punched it out, put in some rod, melted it.

Instant FO ! It's not 100% since there is no cut on the top of the sight for more light collection, only collects light from the muzzle end where I melted the rod, but it lights up well enough for outdoors. I combined it with a LPA adj rear sight, i'm done with the sight system on this pistol.

• 8 months later...

Sup guys!

What do you think of this mod we did tonight? Going to test it out tomorrow at our club match.

th_70837219.jpg

Very cool, I thought it could be done because,trijicon drills out the front sight to install their night sights on a beretta 92.

I did something similar with mine. I milled a groove in the sight instead of drilling. Then just epoxied a fiber in and lightly tapped the new 'wings' on the top to lock it down. Finally shaved the fiber to follow the contour of the rib and to allow a good surface to catch the light.