Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

major or minor?

gerritm

There is no major or minor in IDPA. Different divisions have different power floors though. SSP, ESP, and SSR are 125000 (same as USPSA minor) and CDP and ESR are 165000 (same as USPSA major).

It's also worth noting that in CDP the gun must be a .45 ACP, but in ESR (Enhanced Service Revolver) it can be any caliber down to 9mm as long as it makes that 165 PF. Most guys just shoot 625s in .45 ACP, but I know of several guys that do run 610s or 646s in .40 S&W. There is even a legend of some guy running a 686 in .38 Super loaded wicked hot.

Yeah, when young guys (under 30) first get classified in ESR, part of the secret initiation ritual is to tell us tales of hoary old shooters engaging in arcane magic and dark rituals. They always cap it with the horror story of the guy with the six shot .38 Super whose moonclips were made from unobtanium and cost $44.99 for a pack of two.

In all seriousness, I thought about getting my 686 cut for moonclips until I saw how much TK was charging for 6 shot .38 Super moonies. After I woke up from the shock, I figured "Hey, I have a perfectly good 625 for Enhanced Service Revolver..."