Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

617s should come with warning label

Matt Griffin

I might have missed it, but where can I order a few DS-10s and a loading block? I google searched it, but all that came up was a Windows Live page and a video that won't play without me downloading a Microsoft product. Anyone have a link?

Lee

In the BE vendor tent: www.4wheelguns.com

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern in a local plate match is having people waiting for me while I reload.

Yeah, I heard some reflexive groans from others when they saw the revolver, but they really didn't have to wait too long. I reloaded from a relatively fresh box of bulk-pack .22LR, with the rims generally up, so it made reloading several at a time pretty easy. Also, between shooters, the plates were quickly painted, which would've given me plenty of time to arrange the ammo for quicker reloading ahead of time on a small table next to the shooter.

Those speed loader look pretty slick, bit I never felt the need for them. YMMV, etc etc.

• 1 month later...

My concern in a local plate match is having people waiting for me while I reload.

Go to the line with enough loaded speedloader for the stage, and a pouch/container to dump the the ejected empties and live rounds from your cylinder in. If you have enough extra (loaded) loading blocks you can reload your speedloaders between stages and not fumble with loose rds. Sort the empties from the live after the match. Nobody will be waiting on you.

With Dave's reloading block, one speedloader will actually suffice and it's cheaper than buying 5 or six speedloaders. Perhaps another as a backup would be nice.

I can usually dump my cylinder in a baggy and refill my speedloader from the loading block just as fast as a casual bottomfeeder pilot.

Edited by Team Amish 1

I have been giving these a lot of thought. I have timed my reloads with just loose rounds and I think it may save around 3 seconds by the time I went back to the block and loaded the cylinder. 3-4 seconds per string - the plate matches I shoot are pretty informal and I think someone waiting an additional 15-20 seconds per stage isn't a lot to ask. I would like to try them out, but think for now I am going to wait. The "2 at a time" method seems to work pretty well. BTW, couldn't be more pleased with my new Carmonized 617. I hate my ammo choice, but love the revo.

Lee

• 5 months later...