Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training Gaps

Dave S

One thing I hate is having so many gaps in my training. I mean being gone from my home range for several days each week. It takes me at least one training session to get back to feelinng comfortable with where I was .... then go forward. Any reccomendations for "practice on the road"

Actually shooting might be problematic, but dryfire can (and should) be done anywhere and just about anytime.

If you are literally on the road, bring your rig, mags and timer. I also have brought 1/3 sized targets (the size of a std piece of paper) pasted to cardboard backing. They get propped up around the hotel room for target acquisition, transitions, the draw, reloads, some basic movement drills. All easy to do.

If you can't bring your actual match gun, there are weighted inert practice guns available that will do the trick. You won't have the sight picture or trigger pull, and no reload drills, but still a workable training session.

One thing I hate is having so many gaps in my training. I mean being gone from my home range for several days each week. It takes me at least one training session to get back to feelinng comfortable with where I was .... then go forward. Any reccomendations for "practice on the road"

Squeeze a grip strengthener on your drive. And think about how you are going to feel and think about exactly what you are going to do when you get there.

be

How about playing a first person shooter video game? I just like video games but maybe it'll help too :cheers:

The Wii is great! Just wish I could plug in and dry fire my pistol on it. :roflol:

Jason B)

Hey thanks for the suggestions guys.....the video idea didn't really stike me but my kids do have great eye/hand coordination..hehe may even be able to keep up with them some day.

And I do use a hand strengthener on the road. Squeeze, hold and exercise the trigger finger. Thanks be