Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crspeed/rescomp Service

jimstc

On 12/05/03 I ordered a complete WSM holster rig for my Edge directly from the manufacturer in S.Africa. I received no reply so I just waited for my new rig. I e-mailed them twice asking for a status update. No reply. E-mailed again with numerous expletives and finally got a reply. They claimed it was shipped on 12/05/03. Must have been by boat because I still don't have it. Moral of the story :

support your local shop or buy on E-bay because the money saved isn't worth the hassle.

On the other hand - when I had a small part break on my CR Speed and the dealership in the US from whom I had purchased the holster was no longer in business - Franco shipped me the part air-mail from South Africa at no charge within a few days of me contacting him.....

Communications isn't a virtue with rescomp. I spoke to him last year at the shot show about Glock holsters to use with the Carver mount. He was big to work with me and was going to get with me on some things. He not only didn't follow through, he never did respond to my e-mails. I sent them with read confirmation and he got them and opened them so he just cjose to ignore me. :angry: If your going to ignore somebody don't let them know you read their e-mails!

I haven't had any problems with them. I bought two holsters both arrived in about a week. Cathy sent out a replacement part free of charge when I cracked the muzzle cup.

I talked to Franco at RGN. I made a suggestion about the Versa Hanger design and he did make the change in the design. I didn't expect him to make the change considering I was the only person ever to complain about the design.

On the original, the bolt that adjust the cant of the hanger is on the outside. If you are like me, my holster blocks access to the bolt. I have to pull the holster off the hanger before I can adjust the bolt. This really sucked when I was at a match and accidentally bump the holster fairly hard and spun the bolt loose. I made the suggestion that the bolt should be placed on the inside so that you can adjust it without pulling the holster apart.

I am happy to report that I received the rig today. Wow the power of this forum!!

It is an incredible set up. I wish it wasn't 20 degrees here so I could go play with it.

I guess I better do some dry firing.