Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thanks Brian!

whatsupglock

I just wanted to send a great big thank you to you Brian!!!

I have only been shooting in the shooting sports for about 6 months. Thanks to your website and my new Dillon 550, which I've had for about two months now, I am making some serious progress.

Last night I had a "moment" that I think I'm going to be able to hang on to for a very long time. I shot in an indoor match last night that had three strings of fire. All three strings were loooooooow level light. I have a fiber optic front sight on my Glock 34, no night sights. Some of the targets were in shadows and you could just make out the outline of the target. Yesterday durring the day I read through the section in the technique area about sights and tracking etc...My paln was to use what I learned from reading and apply it. Let's just say I thought I was completely hosed when I got to the match and learned there was very little lighting. It was so dark in some areas, I couldn't even see the sights! I feel as though I have a pretty good index, so I relied on that skill to get me through. Then it happened...Even though I couldn't see the front sight, I watched it very closely on the first shot of the night anyhow. When I pulled the trigger the muzzle flash lit my front sight and I could see it outlined plain as day. I watched the sight track until the light from the muzzle flash was gone and fired again. I shot the first two stages with some smokin' fast times and shot only a few points down. The third stage I shot clean! I was the only shooter to shoot a stage clean all night, and I shot the fewest points down of all the shooters. I was amazed by how well I could see the front sight track just from the muzzle flash! Reading your posts landed me a solid second place! I was a full ten seconds ahead of the third place shooter at the beginning of stage three and I was nipping at the heals of the guy who won!