Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any shooters on the panhandle?

I moved to Crestview, FL several months ago with the hope of doing USPSA or Steele Challenges. I cant seem to find any places actively doing either of these. I was told one club was trying to start up a group but I see nothing to date. Any shooters in this area, if you have any information on matches close by, other than Alabama, please share. Thank you!!

Looks like the closest USPSA club is in Alabama about 62 miles from Crestview-you probably already knew that though. Not even any IDPA clubs close by that I could find. Best bet is starting a new club if you can get enough interest with the local shooters in the area. Maybe some Florida members can provide better info.

Look up gulf county rifle and pistol club. They are doing steel challenge, glock style and NRA action on a rotational basis. Harvey can awnser all of your questions.

Thanks, yes there was a club in Pensacola that was supposed to do Steel challanges and does a few IDPA but not much else. I will look into Gulf County.

Here are your options,

1. Marianna (AKA West Florida Practical Shooters) has an IPSC style match on the second Sunday, and Steel on the Third Sunday.

This club is not affiliated was USPSA but the match is run by the current rule book except for divisions. They offer 3. Open, Stock, and Revolver.

That kind of tells you when they left the fold.

2. Tallahassee Practical Shooters is the 1st Saturday

3. I know you said not Alabama but I'm partial cause I'm the MD,

Tri State Gun Club Second Saturday.

PM me for any details.

• 9 months later...

i see most of this topic is a year old. i've been unofficially told i'm pcs'ing to the pensacola area, i'm still waiting to see the orders. has there been any improvement to the local shooting opportunities over the last year?

i see most of this topic is a year old. i've been unofficially told i'm pcs'ing to the pensacola area, i'm still waiting to see the orders. has there been any improvement to the local shooting opportunities over the last year?

Not really. USPSA style is hard to find. I ended up going to Tallahassee which is 2 hours away. The club in Alabama stopped doing the matches. There is IDPA in Pensacola but I have not gone to any matches as of yet.

Not really. USPSA style is hard to find. I ended up going to Tallahassee which is 2 hours away. The club in Alabama stopped doing the matches. There is IDPA in Pensacola but I have not gone to any matches as of yet.

Everybody has different ideas/feelings on any subject. At my house, we believe a local match is one that you can set the alarm, make it to the match, shoot the match, and make it home all in one day. That covers a lot of ground from the panhandle. We shoot Montgomery, Dothan, Birmingham, Phenix City, Atlanta, Macon, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tallahassee, and Marianna.

On the 4th Saturday of the month, there is a 200 round Steel Challenge type of match in Marianna, Florida. It's on SR 73 about 5 miles south of I-10. No webpage, it's not sanctioned, but it's a good day of shooting steel.

Holler if you want driving instructions.

michael

Edited by springy

• 2 weeks later...