Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson SS Mags

Scoterbeast

Gonna buy some Wilson SS mags. Can get the Elite Tactical about same price as 47D's. Have some questions:

1 Will both function well with a S&A magwell?

2 Is one heavier than the other?

3 If experience with both, which one would you recommend for USPSA competition

Bill

Like Jbrought said the ETMs will load easier due to the fact that the mag tub is longer. To correct for this Wilson takes the basepad up over the bottom of the tube to keep it the same overall length. I would get the ETMs over the 47Ds.

Hello: I like the 47D's with the S&A magwell. They just seem to work better for me. I had some problems early on with the ETM mags and have not gone back to them. The Metalform Elite mags are great as well but a little pricey. These are all for 45acp. Thanks, Eric

I have both and agree with jbrought and steel1212 that the ETMs load a little easier with 8 rounds and a closed slide.

You might consider trying just one or two before you buy a full set, though. I just discovered that while my Springfield and Ed Brown 1911s run like a top with the Wilsons, my Caspian framed gun wouldn't lock back reliably with 47D or ETM. It'll lock back all day with McCormick Power mags and Tripp mags.

Edited by bbbean