Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Extractors From Svi

benos

Just compared prices on the Wilson Combat website (since they seem to have low prices) and their extractors were $25 to $30 depending on series; no indication that they are available in SS; I seem to recal paying about $65 for the AFTEC I had in .45. In light of all this, the price of Sandy's extractor seems reasonable to me. I agree w/ Brian; its about time somebody addressed the 1911 extractor.

I just stopped by SVI on the way home from work yesterday and picked up one of the new stainless extractors for my 9mm cross comp. I have had some extractor problems with the original one when using blazer ammo. The extractor would lose tension after about 500 rounds. I will be shooting my gun tonight with the new extractor and will give a report after I give it a run.

Dave

Guest Larry Cazes

Well.....That price is a bit high considering the quality of the Wilson Bulletproof barstock extractors ive been using at $25.00. Wilson's have been a drop in part for me on all of the 1911s I own and I haven't had one wear out yet. Has anyone compared the fit and finish between the wilson and SVI parts?

Larry

I heard once from a SV distributor that they replaced stainless extractor with regular carbon steel because of the lack of memory in the bending.

<_<

BTW, I just saw that Para Ordnance announces a new "power extractor".

The pictures not clearly show the extractor so anybody got an idea about what is it ?

They say something about CAD and CNC ;)