Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you use a G3 upper on a G4 frame?

chp5

Can you use a Gen3 upper on a Gen 4 frame? This topic was touched on in another thread - but I wanted started a separate thread on the specific topic.

Specifically, if I buy a Gen4 17, can I run my Gen3 22 upper on it (after changing the ejector, of course)

Thanks for you feedback.

This is what I was sent on this question:

The 2010 Glock Gen4 guns are a major external and internal re-design of what Glock has offered in the past, and the following parts will NOT interchange with the Gen1, Gen2, and Gen3 guns:

• frame,

• slide,

• trigger bar,

• magazine catch,

• recoil spring assembly,

• back-strap assemblies,

• trigger mechanism housing,

• trigger mechanism housing pin.

Can you use a Gen3 upper on a Gen 4 frame? This topic was touched on in another thread - but I wanted started a separate thread on the specific topic.

Specifically, if I buy a Gen4 17, can I run my Gen3 22 upper on it (after changing the ejector, of course)

Thanks for you feedback.

My understanding is you couldn't for production. I'm not sure about limited, but I'd think that would be ok.

After reading Fireant's reply - I'll add "if it would work" to my statement about the rules.

Edited by SDM

Bump - anyone tried this?

I could have tried it Today if I had seen the post in time, I will try it next time I go to the range.

Thanks JBP55. I handled a 4th Gen 17 today and really like the grip texture and mag release.

Edited by chp5

Glock has published a memo stating that slides and frames will NOT interchange. Exactly the list that Fireant posted at the top of the thread.

The G3 G17 and G3 G35 both worked on my G4 G17 and never missed a beat.

Glock has published a memo stating that slides and frames will NOT interchange. Exactly the list that Fireant posted at the top of the thread.

I'm pretty sure that Glock also frowns on the use of aftermarket parts on their firearms --- I wouldn't expect them to approve parts swapping. They need to protect themselves.....

This is what I was sent on this question:

The 2010 Glock Gen4 guns are a major external and internal re-design of what Glock has offered in the past, and the following parts will NOT interchange with the Gen1, Gen2, and Gen3 guns:

• frame,

• slide,

• trigger bar,

• magazine catch,

• recoil spring assembly,

• back-strap assemblies,

• trigger mechanism housing,

• trigger mechanism housing pin.

I am running a G3 trigger bar in my G4 G17 and it works fine. The G3 trigger housing will work fine after minor massaging. Mine does.

Bump - anyone tried this?

I installed a G3 G17 slide as well as a G3 G35 slide on a G4 G17 and both were flawless and I did not change the extractor or ejector in order to shoot the .40 ammo.

Sweet - that's great news. Thanks JBP55 :cheers:

Edited by chp5