Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lancer mags

mpeltier

Does anybody have any longtearm use in competition experiance with the L5 Lancer mags? I did a search and most info is a couple of yers old. Are they holding up. I got a few of them to try and they seem a bit flimsy compared to my P-Mags. And the literature had some scary warnings about bugspray with DEET. Geeez, this is florida----gotta use DEET in the summer. Anybody have one go belly up because of bug spray???

Thanks for any replies. :)

Long term in comp, no. Sorry. :unsure:

I was given one. It ran every time I used it, kept it for about 18 mo., but I just couldn't bring myself to use it in a match. IMO, it was kinda gimmicky. Not to say that it isn't a quality product... Its just the impression I felt. That being said, I gave it to a family member for his AR, and to my knowledge it has never malf'd on him either.

I tried to swap out the follower for a MagPul anti tilt, and I could make it function, but I lost several rounds of capacity. Didn't try it with the CMMG follower.

great magazine!!

I need to say that first....as when I first saw one and held one I thought....cheap, flimsy, plastic mag, just like the old "eagle mags" that were availible years ago.

But!!!.....they work....they are strong....and don't worry about the DET thing. Unless ofcourse, you are going to bathe in DEET. I know it is a propietary polymer that is used....but I bet it has it's roots in polycarbonate which you may know better as LEXAN...the bullet proof stuff.

The steel feed lips work great....take a hit too!! We drop tested them and they held up with even the 48 rounds in the competition model. Yes, we do make the coupler for them...but we do make the coupler for the PMAG's too. Just explaining why we actually did the drop tests on them

Personally, I do use the competition model for 3 gun and I do like it. Not afraid to use it prone either.

The followers work just fine, anti tilt is kind of bogus to a point....yeah you can make them tilt if you press on the front end with your finger, but thats not how your AR feeds them.....they work just fine (again). I did try a PMAG follower in mine and it fit perfect, I did cut about an 1/8" off the legs to keep the capacity at 48....but I really don't see why you'd need to use any other follower in it.

If you have one...use it...if you can get them for a good price...buy them....they work every bit as good as anything else out there.

Scanning AR15.com....they give them good reports and I've not heard of any splitting up the back. Over all, those guys like them too...maybe little misc. complaints about them not fitting in milspec pouches, but I hear about that with PMAGS too.

Tim