Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Popper Splatter at indoor ranges

How do indoor ranges keep the splatter from steels targets tearing up the concrete floors and walls? Please post pictures of any "splatter shields" you use to stop teh splatter. Looking for something that will hold up for 300 shooters before needing replacement.

I just use a 3/4 in plywood frame around the poppers. I also put the popper on plywood. The frame is 2 foot from front to back and about 1 foot above the popper. They last about 1 season of about 12 matches, 20 to 30 shooters per match.

I can get pictures tonight.

Edited by Carl Provan

At our club we covered the walls with 1/4' plate steel painted white, just roll on a new coat of paint once or twice each year. Eliminted damage and cratering of the concrete wall. We also covered the floor with cattle mats. These are approx 3X5 feet and about an inch thick of a very heavy composite. They sit flat and without a noticeable seam to trip on. We got them from a local agriculture supply store, around 75.00 ea if memory serves. They have eliminated all damage to the VCT flooring on the range and if we have occaission to want the range looking pristine (open house or annual meeting) we can just stack them up and the range floor looks good as new. Hope this helps.