Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide stop pin causing problems?

rupture

I just got a slightly used Eric 2007 (v12). It came with the egw slide stop pin installed.The pistol was real hard to rack and smoothed out once it was out of lockup. The barrel lugs are slightly rolling,shearing and I thought this was the problem. I was getting ready to send it back to EAA for a fix. Henning advised me to put all the original parts back in when I returned it. So I put the original slide stop back in and now it"s smooth as butter. Why is the EGW causing this? I know it's oversized and it's real hard to pop out. Could it be to big? Should I even send the gun back?The gun runs fine, but I've read that if the lugs are rolling, I probably have one of the bad top ends. Any advice? I'm new to the Tan world, but I dig these guns. Thanks

If the lugs are beat up or malformed then the timing of the barrel lockup was jacked up. The stock slide stop allows the barrel to float around more with regards to locking/unlocking but if the lugs are beat up it will chew its self to bits after not too much shooting. I say send it into EAA for repair.

a buddy of mine had similar problems with his Stock II. after watching the side of the barrel through the ejection port a bunch of times I noticed it was tilting slightly during the initial movement of the barrel. Think a slight rotation clockwise. It turned out to be the kidney shaped cut the pin goes through. it wasn't square to the barrel lugs. An oversized pin would make it awfully tight in there and explain exactly what's happening with your gun. His lugs were being rolled over as well. A new barrel (mine for test purposes), got rid of all these problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the gun came back. They got it on the 10th and it's in my hands today. Brand new top end (barrel,slide and comp). Twenty days is a good turn-around .Did'nt even charge me the $20 for return shipping. Can't wait for some range time with it.I f you have issues with your gun, don't hesitate to send it back. they seem to be on top of repairs

Well the gun came back. They got it on the 10th and it's in my hands today. Brand new top end (barrel,slide and comp). Twenty days is a good turn-around .Did'nt even charge me the $20 for return shipping. Can't wait for some range time with it.I f you have issues with your gun, don't hesitate to send it back. they seem to be on top of repairs

Thanks for updating the post. It is good to know that they took good care of you. :cheers:

Now, please update us if there is any problem at the range after the fix and if you are running the EGW stop pin. :D