Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning XL firing pin

Dan-O-Mite

• 3 months later...

Are you guys talking about the Firing Pin Safety Plunger "Part 5.5 on the diagram" ? I cant install my new XL firing pin as the plunger does not have enough clearance to allow it to go through, without it it fits fine but Im not sure if I should fire my gun as is. Also with the stock firing Pin, using the new hammer, 13lb hammer spring and EGW sear I have gotten light strikes. Any advise would help

Thanks!!

Gman-Gt

The Henning XL firing pin is not designed to be used with the firing pin safety plunger. I have Hennings firing pin in my Limited Custom and it works great. Remove the plunger and you can noticebly feel a positive difference in your trigger.

I have one in my Limited Custom .40,...works awesome. Just check with the slide off if the pin is sticking thru the pin hole in a manner that would have it touching the primer. It should just be a bit lower,..not quite flush with the breach face. If there is a variance, it would be the gun being off, not the pin. Henning makes the pin to a strict tolerance. The pin will likely outlast the gun. It will allow you to have reliably ignition and also allow you to use a lighter hammer spring. I am running a 14 lb spring cut by 2 coils in my Limited gun.