Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K folks. We have some preliminary round counts. I would double it just in-case.

Shotgun;

bird-50

slug-9

buck-4

Rifle-50

Pistol-50

that's right, 160 rounds for a "local" match. We will introduce the "Texas Star of No-Shoot's" as well as the "swinging bag of magazines". There will be 5 stages of "major match" quality and skill level. If someone walks off one of these stages without a smile on their face, they may need to find another hobby! :)

come on up as a tune up for Mesa!

Mike

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we be starting with an empty shotgun anywhere in the match?

Mike and Curly usually aren't that mean. It is much more fun to start full and empty as fast as you can so you can reload. We usulaly do a empty chamber start or two.

I vote for a little load one, shoot one action to help prepare for high plains.

Jesse, just miss a bunch then you can practice load one, etc.... :)

We will have at least one empty chamber shotgun start. These stages are a bit more technical then in the past few matches. They are major match caliber. We are still trying to work out the scoring bugs and more importantly for me, how to not be tied up all day doing scores. We may, just may shoot IMG scoring again for this one.

I will keep you all posted.

M

Edited by mike_pinto

I gettin pretty psyched. Got my p.o.s rifle sighted in and have been working on sling transitions. I will get some more shotgun and pistol work done during the pro am on saturday. The wristband shell holder I ordered should be here today, I was a little worried if Id be able to carry enuff shell in case there was an empty gun start.

Jesse, just miss a bunch then you can practice load one, etc.... :)

We will have at least one empty chamber shotgun start. These stages are a bit more technical then in the past few matches. They are major match caliber. We are still trying to work out the scoring bugs and more importantly for me, how to not be tied up all day doing scores. We may, just may shoot IMG scoring again for this one.

I will keep you all posted.

M

Since it is a Sunday match we could just shoot it,pick it up and you could score later.I get all of the prize money anyway!!!!!

As we discussed, we will be doing the scoring as follows.

Paper targets require 2 hits like in uspsa. Alpha and bravo hits subtract .25 each up to two from your time. Charlies are straight time. Deltas add .50 each to your time. Misses are +5 seconds. This will reward accuracy, allow for use of regular uspsa type score sheets, discourage inaccurate hosing and still maintain some structure to the match. Slugs will be scored as double hits per hit. That means one alpha with a slug counts as 2 and the target is good. 1 delta counts as two as well though, target will still be scored but will incur 2x.50 second penalties.

I know this isn't the original LPH matrix, but it makes sense to me (which is hard to do) :)

m

As we discussed, we will be doing the scoring as follows.

Paper targets require 2 hits like in uspsa. Alpha and bravo hits subtract .25 each up to two from your time. Charlies are straight time. Deltas add .50 each to your time. Misses are +5 seconds. This will reward accuracy, allow for use of regular uspsa type score sheets, discourage inaccurate hosing and still maintain some structure to the match. Slugs will be scored as double hits per hit. That means one alpha with a slug counts as 2 and the target is good. 1 delta counts as two as well though, target will still be scored but will incur 2x.50 second penalties.

I know this isn't the original LPH matrix, but it makes sense to me (which is hard to do) :)

m

Just to clarify...We can get a -0.5 for two alphas? Also does one Alpha still neutralize?

Do we get a bonus for "A"'s with the slugs? I feel like the 30-40 yards slug shots we have been taking are hoser distances. I really don't have to do more than see brown and shoot and its on paper. Now if its worth -0.5 to hit and "A". I'm gonna take that extra .25 seconds to make my "A".

Just to clarify...We can get a -0.5 for two alphas? Also does one Alpha still neutralize?

Yes, each alpha is -.25. One alpha does not neutralize. You must have two hits on paper with pistol and rifle.

Do we get a bonus for "A"'s with the slugs? I feel like the 30-40 yards slug shots we have been taking are hoser distances. I really don't have to do more than see brown and shoot and its on paper. Now if its worth -0.5 to hit and "A". I'm gonna take that extra .25 seconds to make my "A".

Slugs are scored with time added and subtracted as well, but each slug is worth two hits. One slug hit on paper neutralizes the target and scores the same as two pistol or rifle hits. So if you hit an alpha on a slug target it is -.5. If you hit a delta on a slug target it's +1.0.

Your comment about the slugs is the purpose of this scoring system. If you can save a second or two by being accurate, it's worth your time to do so. You can still hose, but it will cost you time overall.

Roger that! So are we still going with the 2 C or better hits to neutralize?

e.g. 1C & 1D = failure to neutralize, and +5 for FTN and +.5 for the D?

I just want to get this correct because there is nothing worse than shooting a great stage only to find out you didn't know the rules and your great run contained 4 FTN's.

OK there are a few worse things but i won't go there.

Edited by jtischauser

There is no nuetralization. You are scored on two hits per target for rifle and pistol. If you shoot two d's, you get 1 second added to your time for that target.

At the bottom of the sheet, there are a's, b's etc... I will add up all the a's and b's and you will get 1/4 second off your stage time for each one. Same with d's except you will get 1/2 second added for each. If you have a c and a d, you will be assessed 1/2 second. Think more like uspsa scoring, but time instead of points. If you get an alpha mike, you get -.25 and then +5 seconds for a net +4.75 seconds for that target.

M

There is no nuetralization. You are scored on two hits per target for rifle and pistol. If you shoot two d's, you get 1 second added to your time for that target.

At the bottom of the sheet, there are a's, b's etc... I will add up all the a's and b's and you will get 1/4 second off your stage time for each one. Same with d's except you will get 1/2 second added for each. If you have a c and a d, you will be assessed 1/2 second. Think more like uspsa scoring, but time instead of points. If you get an alpha mike, you get -.25 and then +5 seconds for a net +4.75 seconds for that target.

M

Now I am tracking with you.

This should be interesting! Its gonna feel slow.

I gettin pretty psyched. Got my p.o.s rifle sighted in and have been working on sling transitions. I will get some more shotgun and pistol work done during the pro am on saturday. The wristband shell holder I ordered should be here today, I was a little worried if Id be able to carry enuff shell in case there was an empty gun start.

Unless your shooting my Cetme I claim top POS rifle prize, but it's what I've got.

So if someone....not to mention any names was going to show up and use a:

Cetme .308

870 12ga

XD .40

all with irons what class would that be? Non magnified or Tactical? And please no "you need a .45 and then shoot HM"...I know I know, but the wife is already on edge. Now is not the time LOL.

Unless your shooting my Cetme I claim top POS rifle prize, but it's what I've got.

Cetme .308

870 12ga

XD .40

all with irons what class would that be? Non magnified or Tactical? And please no "you need a .45 and then shoot HM"...I know I know, but the wife is already on edge. Now is not the time LOL.

Without the 45 pistol you are in non magnified. We have been light on Heavy metal shooters. The one other guy I know that is shooting HM is planning on shooting an Optic on his rifle. You might be able to convince him that the 40 S&W is OK for HM if he is going to use a scope. Then you both can paly together.

Either way it doesn't really matter. There are no prizes and all the socres get lumped together in the end.

Edited by jtischauser

Cetme .308

870 12ga

XD .40

Without the 45 pistol you are in non magnified. We have been light on Heavy metal shooters. The one other guy I know that is shooting HM is planning on shooting an Optic on his rifle. You might be able to convince him that the 40 S&W is OK for HM if he is going to use a scope. Then you both can paly together.

Either way it doesn't really matter. There are no prizes and all the socres get lumped together in the end.

I'm dragging at least 1 HM shooter with me...in fact if his FN doesn't run we may see a Garand in HM.

Edited by OUshooter

I'm dragging at least 1 HM shooter with me...in fact if his FN doesn't run we may see a Garand in HM.

Nice! It sounds like we are gonna have a big turnout. 4-5 of my buddies are supposed to show up for their first match too.

If anybody needs to borrow an AR I have a S&W 5.45x39 version that is super cheap to shoot. It has a bushnel red dot on it. I'll sell you the spam can ammo for it at $0.15/round or wolf ammo at $.20/ round which is what I paid for it.

I'll also have my backup benelli M1 along if anybody needs an auto shotgun.