Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New gun dilema

Corey

Much the same as others. Use what you have now for a year or so. Get some 10rd mags to give you the ability to "play in two fields." Get the reloader (my vote is Dillion 550 as it can easily change calibers later on) to save money. If you are going to practice anywhere near enough to move up like you want, it will pay for itself easily in six months if you buy much store ammo at all. Once you see yourself improving, think about moving to Limited. I have had my custom "game" SS for almost two years and have just seriously put $$$ into a Limited gun.

I have been shooting for the last several years fairly often (every week before the baby was born) and it took a while to "really" improve. Of course I lived in So. Cal. before moving to Georgia and shot around Voigt, Butler, Jo Jo and those boys. Trust me, when you think you are starting to get it and gun; you see someone like those boys and realize just how much farther you have to go.

Save money with the reloader to get the blaster you want.

PS

I can't emphasize enough to get a quality reloader if you go that route. I started with a "lesser" model progressive and spent a year of aggony due to the decision.

Like others have said you have a good gun, and you can dabble in two divisions. If you like to shoot I would get a reloading press. Reloading your own ammo is fun, rewarding, saves lots of $$, and allows you to shoot more. It is a big step, but a onetime expense.

Go with what ya got buddyro, good sights and a great trigger is all you really need. It may just be me BUT the feel of a clean crisp breaking 3/3.5 trigger is one of life's simple pleasures. It just kind of brings a tear to your eye. :rolleyes::D Then get yourself a Dillon. :cheers:

looks like what i want to have done to the gun is gonna be a bit cotly, haha (go figure). maybe stock-ish wont be so bad for a little while longer. I am going to look into a preogressive and start researching options (Hornady vs dillon - I know i know...not tryin to start that debate here, but I get discount pricing on hornady stuff.)

My best investment toward improving my pistol shooting has been this Hornady LNL AP. You can see I still have the Co-Ax for my .223, .308, and .338 Lapua sniper rifles, but the LNL makes me want to practice more with the pistols.

This setup does not take much room...built it from 2 1/2" square tubing with flat plate...bolted to the floor and wall. Solid as a TANK, and takes 30" of wall space. My other bench is HUGE. You don't need much room with a progressive press. I am so impressed with the new Lock-N-Load AP. Have it set for .40 and 9mm, and it really makes nice match ammo.

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02904.jpg

Ordered the LNL Automatic case feeder today...they are on backorder all over the US. Hornady has been working 2 shifts a day (16 hrs) trying to meet demand for their loaders and case feeders, especially with the "free bullet" promotion the past year.

I checked and they do have a lifetime warranty. If you break a part, just call and you will have it within 3 days delivered to your house, NO CHARGE! Can't beat that deal.