Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone handle a new 226 E2?

jsneff

I checked one out in a Northern VA gun shop (Va Arms) two weeks ago. I fell in love with grip and the trigger, then I shot one and realized I had to have one.

So I ordered one through the Fed LEO program. Should be here in 30 days.

I am putting the Glock away for this season and will be shooting the 226 for Production. I carry one for work so this is a win win!!!! I just wish I didn't carry the 357.

Missed the SHOT show, anybody handle the new 226 E2. I love shooting my 226's and this sounds like it may make a nice improvement.

I checked one out in a Northern VA gun shop (Va Arms) two weeks ago. I fell in love with grip and the trigger, then I shot one and realized I had to have one.

So I ordered one through the Fed LEO program. Should be here in 30 days.

I am putting the Glock away for this season and will be shooting the 226 for Production. I carry one for work so this is a win win!!!! I just wish I didn't carry the 357.

Missed the SHOT show, anybody handle the new 226 E2. I love shooting my 226's and this sounds like it may make a nice improvement.

I thought you guys liked the 357SIG round and felt that it did great. Did I miss something?

I personally don't like the 357 Sig Round and never have. Especially in the Sig with the high bore axis. Just my opinion, not my agencies!!!

I have shot the 357 in the Glock and the perceived recoil was much much less!!!

I ordered the 9mm in the 226 E2 due to it being cheap to reload and allowing me to shoot much more (I can reload 1,000 of 9mm for about $120).

• 2 weeks later...

How do the triggers on the new 226 E2's compare to the W. German 226s? I rented one of the old W. German 9mm 226's the other day and compared it to one of the newer made 226's in .40 and the difference was black and white.... I don't even know how to describe it other than to say the W. German Sig's trigger felt unbelievably better.

I'm interested in the Sig platform for production shooting.... nothing wrong with Glock (what I have been using), but I felt like the 226 points and balances better. The muzzle flips more due to the high bore axis compared to the Glock, but due to the balance and weight of the gun I didn't have trouble getting back on target.

Edited by OkieZombies

I finally handled one of the E2 226's at a gun show. I kind of have mixed feelings on the grip. Yes it is a little smaller around but it isn't narrowed up high enough and kind of lowers my hand down on the grip which is counterproductive with the already high bore line. I think I'll just play with some different grips for my existing pistols. Anybody that gets a chance to shoot one please report in!

• 1 month later...

I just pick up a New P226R E2 for my Dad. I haven't shot it yet but love the grip and Short Reset trigger on it. I did change out the Short(Thin) Trigger for him to a Standard one. The Short Trigger pinches his finger and he don't like it.

• 1 year later...

All the new 226 are being shipped with the new grip. The E2's also had a Short reset trigger installed in them to premier the new grip. Now they've gone back to calling them elite's with e2 grip beaver tail and SRT.