Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

90 degree Cmore mount

caz41

Does the mount hanging so far left create any holster issues?

I'm in the market for a holster and want to make sure I get one that will give me the option of using one of these mounts.

Not normally so, but if you turn your holster in like an appendix rig, you could have an issue. The Barry is more prone to this than either the CCG or Quinn.

JT

The only holster I have heard of or seen that has had an issue is a SafariLand. Not a 013 but an earlier version. A little drimmel work and it was taken care of. Ghost, LimCat, Gupta Rivas, CR Speed and the like all work well.

Edited by CocoBolo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the mount hanging so far left create any holster issues?

I'm in the market for a holster and want to make sure I get one that will give me the option of using one of these mounts.

Not normally so, but if you turn your holster in like an appendix rig, you could have an issue. The Barry is more prone to this than either the CCG or Quinn.

JT

The only holster I have heard of or seen that has had an issue is a SafariLand. Not a 013 but an earlier version. A little drimmel work and it was taken care of. Ghost, LimCat, Gupta Rivas, CR Speed and the like all work well.

There is also a new player in town, I saw the first one Sunday. Cameron custom guns is making one, the one I saw was bright Blue. It looked very similar in design to both the Quinn and Cheely.

I have a new Cameron open and it has the new mount. I never had a problem indexing my upwards mount, but I have had problem with parallax as StraightUp had mentioned. There have been a few frustrating times where I was trying to shoot around a barrel (leaning gun tilted slightly in the lean) and even though the dot was on the steel target the bullets were going in the barrel.

I did use a Safariland 012 with this new gun for a short time, but now I use a 013. Neither touches the scope mount or gets in the way. I did notice from my 012 that on my draw I would pull the gun a bit sideways and hit the frame, removing some of the color from the frame. So I have taken a dremel to the edge of the 013 frame to break the corner, but not for clearance.

"There is also a new pirate in town."

It's not a new mount, it's a copy of mine and Matt's. All they had to do was come to us, and we would have been happy to sell it to them and include their logo, but instead chose to pirate the design. For an industry known for it's honor and patriotism, there sure are a lot of people willing to steal design concepts. :angry:

JT

Edited by JThompson