Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are These Parts Missing???

Hi. Just started assembling my new 550. There is no white plastic sleeve inside the powder measure. I got three calibers, and none of the measures contained the white sleeves. Did they quit using them or just left them out? Seems odd that they would forget to put them in all three.

Thanks.

Ray

your post is a little confusing. Did you buy 3 caliber conversons or 3 powder measures? The powder measure is the hopper and slide bar assemby that sits ontop of the powder die and are not caliber specific. Caliber conversion includes the shell plate, powder funnel and locator buttons. The white sleeve you are talking about comes with the powder measure and ususaly stays in its place. If you turn the powder measure over and look in at the bottom around the tube in the middle it should be there. The sleeve helps center the tube in the housing. I bought a new powder measure a few months ago and it had one. Chances are they are there and you are just not seeing it.

Hi, thanks. I ordered powder measures, heads and conversions for loading three calibers. None of the measures has the sleeve inside it. Just thought maybe it wasn't being used, but I guess Dillon just forgot to install them.

I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks again.

Erik, I think you were right about me not seeing it. I have only removed the powder die, and was/am thinking a sleeve should have been inserted. I do now see a fully inserted white plastic rim inside which I think is it.

Right now I'm trying to remind myself of the difference between stupidity and ignorance.

Thanks folks for your help, I really appreciate it. I'll call Dillon tomorrow to be sure, but I'm betting I'm in good shape.

Ray

Actually, this sleeve is still in use. The design of the lower part of the measure was changed a couple of years ago, and now the roller bolt goes into a a groove in the top of the sleeve. The sleeve cannot fall out any more. If you invert the powder measure (without powder in it!), you will see a steel tube pressed into the bottom. Recessed over an inch up in the bottom you will see a white ring. This white ring is the bottom of the sleeve.