Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124gr Montana Gold and 4756

Jan R.

I use IMR 4756 and Montana Gold 124 grn JHP with a .38 super major load with no problems at all. I have not tried it for 9mm as I use Clays because thats what I started using and it works great.

thanks,

George

I use 4756 behind a Zero, 125 grain jhp in my .38 Supercomp, when I run out of VV N-350, but, I've never tried it in my 9mm open gun. I doubt that I can get enough 4756 in a 9mm case to make major.

Also, it seems that every lot of 4756 burns & chronos differently, so, if you get 4756, get the biggest can you can find!

I use 4756 behind a Zero, 125 grain jhp in my .38 Supercomp, when I run out of VV N-350, but, I've never tried it in my 9mm open gun. I doubt that I can get enough 4756 in a 9mm case to make major.

Also, it seems that every lot of 4756 burns & chronos differently, so, if you get 4756, get the biggest can you can find!

I use to use 124 gr MGs. I have since moved to 147 gr MG for production. A very soft shooting load is 3.3 gr Titegroup with a 147 gr MG bullet.

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with Montana Gold 124gr JHP, IMR 4756 or 700x and small rifle primers. I'm looking for a 9mm load for USPSA production.

Thanks in advance.

Jan

I used up some SR-4756 and HS-700X with 124 gr. FMJ's when I wanted to use up some lefover shotgun powder. No problems with either accuracy or reliability. The SR4756 is a relatively slow burning powder and has a diffrent"feel" than the HS-700X. It's been quite a while so I do not have the loading data I used but I'm sure you could find it on the Hodgdon website. I use WSF for all my 9mm reloads.

OOPS!

I guess I didn't see that the OP was looking for a production load, I was thinking it was for an open gun.

I tried 4756 for a minor load, and if I remember correctly, I quit because my brass came out looking funky.