Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TruGrip

dsb45acp

Not a product rant, in fact, I love TruGrip on my pistols but I'm having problems getting it to stick. I've followed directions and even tried using adhevisves in addition to the TruGrip. Every time I put one on my pistol it will start to slide off on the upper left side grip panel. This is where I put my support hand and "cam" my thumb forward. Anyone have any suggestions to help me get this problem solved? Thanks in advance.

Not a product rant, in fact, I love TruGrip on my pistols but I'm having problems getting it to stick. I've followed directions and even tried using adhevisves in addition to the TruGrip. Every time I put one on my pistol it will start to slide off on the upper left side grip panel. This is where I put my support hand and "cam" my thumb forward. Anyone have any suggestions to help me get this problem solved? Thanks in advance.

I use Gorilla Grip http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91586 and sanded the grip down and have not had any problem with it sticking to the grip. Did you sand the grip?

It's a checkered Techwell grip on a Kimber SS, should I get a smooth aluminum grip?

There's the likely culprit.....

Adhesion on a checkered surface is trying to hang on to a very small surface area.....

Smooth grips, properly de-greased, should provide better adhesion.....