Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get started in Nevada

shootemups

Hey Folks,

Well I am Very interested in this type of competition!

From what I have gathered so far I would like to shoot in L-10, not sure if major or minor loads.. ( I do reload )

Most likely will be shooting my XD 40 4" with some small mods like, adjustable sights, coffin cut slide, trigger job and lighter striker / indicator pins, magwell... (limited with the 12 capacity mags)

How do I get started and what is recommended to begin training, practicing on these types actual drills with people of the like mindedness of the sport? I simply target practice at the range and practice a few drills, but no one to really help me develop for this particular sport.. LIke I said, a real NooB.

I Much appreciate the help folks! :yawn:

Be a member of Desert Sportsman or American Shooters, 100% a lot of people are willing to help you... Just ask and hang around you'll see a lot of great folks who are willing to give you some advise...

Yes. Single Stack as well as Limited 10 Division would be suitable for your set up. IDPA wold be very well too (ESP Division)

My name is Keith Wright and I am the Match Director of Sin City Shooters here in Las Vegas. You do not need to join either American Shooters or Desert Sportsman's to compete in USPSA matches. I will PM you my contact info.

There is indeed a match tonight, beginning at 8pm at American Shooters on Arville and Spring Mountain. There will also be a match out at Desert Sportsman's on West Charleston, on Sunday at 9am. My suggestion is to come and check out a match before trying to shoot one. Introduce yourself and ask plenty of questions.